Jan 7, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Today’s Bruins-Canucks game has had a smorgasbord of things to analyze from fights to penalties to goals, but Brad Marchand made sure that Brendan Shanahan gets something to look at as well.
Late in the second period, Marchand went low to deliver a check to Canucks defenseman Sami Salo. Instead of just delivering a hip check, Marchand went low to Salo’s knees to take him out. Salo went down and out of the game with an injury while Marchand was kicked out of the game and given a five-minute major for clipping.
One interesting note here is that Marchand was not assessed a match penalty for intent to injure. With Marchand going that low on Salo, it’s hard to think of what he was actually trying to do other than be a destructive instrument of chaos.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)