Jan 7, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Today’s Bruins-Canucks game has had a smorgasbord of things to analyze from fights to penalties to goals, but Brad Marchand made sure that Brendan Shanahan gets something to look at as well.
Late in the second period, Marchand went low to deliver a check to Canucks defenseman Sami Salo. Instead of just delivering a hip check, Marchand went low to Salo’s knees to take him out. Salo went down and out of the game with an injury while Marchand was kicked out of the game and given a five-minute major for clipping.
One interesting note here is that Marchand was not assessed a match penalty for intent to injure. With Marchand going that low on Salo, it’s hard to think of what he was actually trying to do other than be a destructive instrument of chaos.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)