Jan 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EST
The Sedins are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t.
That’s what Daniel Sedin told Vancouver’s TEAM 1040 radio station Thursday morning when asked if he should’ve done more when Boston’s Brad Marchand repeatedly jabbed him in the face at the end of Game 6 in the Stanley Cup finals.
“I’ve [hit back] before and all of a sudden we’re frustrated,” said Sedin. “For me and Henrik, it’s a no-win situation. Whatever we do is going to be the wrong thing, so we’re not too worried about that.”
Sedin was presumably referring to the 2010 playoffs when Chicago’s Dave Bolland and Kris Versteeg were able to goad him into penalties. The Blackhawks beat the Canucks in that series and went on to win the Stanley Cup.
Vancouver is in Boston tomorrow (1 p.m. ET) for the first time since Game 6 of the Cup finals. Thus, the question about Marchand.
The defending Art Ross Trophy winner also commented on a recent incident between his brother and San Jose’s Joe Thornton, in which Thornton intentionally unintentionally stuck his glove in Henrik’s face during a discussion with the referee.
“I think it’s childish,” said Sedin. “That says more about Thornton than it says about Henrik.”
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 6
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 48
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 70
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)