Jan 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
The Sedins are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t.
That’s what Daniel Sedin told Vancouver’s TEAM 1040 radio station Thursday morning when asked if he should’ve done more when Boston’s Brad Marchand repeatedly jabbed him in the face at the end of Game 6 in the Stanley Cup finals.
“I’ve [hit back] before and all of a sudden we’re frustrated,” said Sedin. “For me and Henrik, it’s a no-win situation. Whatever we do is going to be the wrong thing, so we’re not too worried about that.”
Sedin was presumably referring to the 2010 playoffs when Chicago’s Dave Bolland and Kris Versteeg were able to goad him into penalties. The Blackhawks beat the Canucks in that series and went on to win the Stanley Cup.
Vancouver is in Boston tomorrow (1 p.m. ET) for the first time since Game 6 of the Cup finals. Thus, the question about Marchand.
The defending Art Ross Trophy winner also commented on a recent incident between his brother and San Jose’s Joe Thornton, in which Thornton intentionally unintentionally stuck his glove in Henrik’s face during a discussion with the referee.
“I think it’s childish,” said Sedin. “That says more about Thornton than it says about Henrik.”
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 12
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)