Jan 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
The Sedins are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t.
That’s what Daniel Sedin told Vancouver’s TEAM 1040 radio station Thursday morning when asked if he should’ve done more when Boston’s Brad Marchand repeatedly jabbed him in the face at the end of Game 6 in the Stanley Cup finals.
“I’ve [hit back] before and all of a sudden we’re frustrated,” said Sedin. “For me and Henrik, it’s a no-win situation. Whatever we do is going to be the wrong thing, so we’re not too worried about that.”
Sedin was presumably referring to the 2010 playoffs when Chicago’s Dave Bolland and Kris Versteeg were able to goad him into penalties. The Blackhawks beat the Canucks in that series and went on to win the Stanley Cup.
Vancouver is in Boston tomorrow (1 p.m. ET) for the first time since Game 6 of the Cup finals. Thus, the question about Marchand.
The defending Art Ross Trophy winner also commented on a recent incident between his brother and San Jose’s Joe Thornton, in which Thornton intentionally unintentionally stuck his glove in Henrik’s face during a discussion with the referee.
“I think it’s childish,” said Sedin. “That says more about Thornton than it says about Henrik.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 26
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)