Jan 6, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
The Sedins are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t.
That’s what Daniel Sedin told Vancouver’s TEAM 1040 radio station Thursday morning when asked if he should’ve done more when Boston’s Brad Marchand repeatedly jabbed him in the face at the end of Game 6 in the Stanley Cup finals.
“I’ve [hit back] before and all of a sudden we’re frustrated,” said Sedin. “For me and Henrik, it’s a no-win situation. Whatever we do is going to be the wrong thing, so we’re not too worried about that.”
Sedin was presumably referring to the 2010 playoffs when Chicago’s Dave Bolland and Kris Versteeg were able to goad him into penalties. The Blackhawks beat the Canucks in that series and went on to win the Stanley Cup.
Vancouver is in Boston tomorrow (1 p.m. ET) for the first time since Game 6 of the Cup finals. Thus, the question about Marchand.
The defending Art Ross Trophy winner also commented on a recent incident between his brother and San Jose’s Joe Thornton, in which Thornton intentionally unintentionally stuck his glove in Henrik’s face during a discussion with the referee.
“I think it’s childish,” said Sedin. “That says more about Thornton than it says about Henrik.”
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 0
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 21
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 14
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)