Jan 6, 2012, 8:53 AM EST
Ryan Miller‘s season has been a rough one, but there’s still big things he can accomplish.
Miller is close to breaking Dominik Hasek’s team record for career wins. Hasek leads with 234 while Miller trails close behind with 231. The awkward part here is that if Miller were having a better season, he’d have already blown past Hasek’s mark and continued establishing his own record.
As Miller tells Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News, even he’s at a loss to explain what’s gone on this season and he’s taking his words from commercials to say what’s up.
“Every season is unique,” Miller said with a pained smile after practice Thursday in First Niagara Center. “Every lawyer puts it on their disclaimer for their commercials, ‘Past results do not guarantee future results.’”
That might be the case for Miller this year, but establishing a precedent of success the way Miller has means that the future comes with certain expectations. In his case, the hopes are at their highest to see him play like a No. 1 goalie.
Instead, he’s been run over, complained even more, and has struggled to keep pucks out of the net compounding the issues the Sabres have had this season. If Miller wants to draw inspiration from commercials the rest of the way, he might want to borrow a slogan from a can of Raid and start killing pucks dead.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 26
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 78
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)