Jan 6, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
Ryan Miller‘s season has been a rough one, but there’s still big things he can accomplish.
Miller is close to breaking Dominik Hasek’s team record for career wins. Hasek leads with 234 while Miller trails close behind with 231. The awkward part here is that if Miller were having a better season, he’d have already blown past Hasek’s mark and continued establishing his own record.
As Miller tells Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News, even he’s at a loss to explain what’s gone on this season and he’s taking his words from commercials to say what’s up.
“Every season is unique,” Miller said with a pained smile after practice Thursday in First Niagara Center. “Every lawyer puts it on their disclaimer for their commercials, ‘Past results do not guarantee future results.'”
That might be the case for Miller this year, but establishing a precedent of success the way Miller has means that the future comes with certain expectations. In his case, the hopes are at their highest to see him play like a No. 1 goalie.
Instead, he’s been run over, complained even more, and has struggled to keep pucks out of the net compounding the issues the Sabres have had this season. If Miller wants to draw inspiration from commercials the rest of the way, he might want to borrow a slogan from a can of Raid and start killing pucks dead.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)