Jan 6, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov’s pre-Winter Classic press conference, in which he announced he wasn’t going to start and then proceeded to have four different scrums with the media, didn’t go over well with Flyers brass.
Naturally, for the second time this season, the Bryzard of Oz was told to shut his mouth and keep his conversations simple — not planetary complex.
Panaccio reports that Bryzgalov still chatted and joked around with the media today, but he was “clearly on-guard.”
Bryzgalov stopped 30 of 34 shots in yesterday’s 5-4 win over the Blackhawks. While the victory was nice, it didn’t help his numbers (3.01 GAA, .890 SV%).
Panaccio expects Bryzgalov to start tomorrow afternoon at home to the Senators, with Sergei Bobrovsky getting the nod in Sunday’s rematch at Ottawa.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)