Jan 6, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov’s pre-Winter Classic press conference, in which he announced he wasn’t going to start and then proceeded to have four different scrums with the media, didn’t go over well with Flyers brass.
Naturally, for the second time this season, the Bryzard of Oz was told to shut his mouth and keep his conversations simple — not planetary complex.
Panaccio reports that Bryzgalov still chatted and joked around with the media today, but he was “clearly on-guard.”
Bryzgalov stopped 30 of 34 shots in yesterday’s 5-4 win over the Blackhawks. While the victory was nice, it didn’t help his numbers (3.01 GAA, .890 SV%).
Panaccio expects Bryzgalov to start tomorrow afternoon at home to the Senators, with Sergei Bobrovsky getting the nod in Sunday’s rematch at Ottawa.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)