Jan 6, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov’s pre-Winter Classic press conference, in which he announced he wasn’t going to start and then proceeded to have four different scrums with the media, didn’t go over well with Flyers brass.
Naturally, for the second time this season, the Bryzard of Oz was told to shut his mouth and keep his conversations simple — not planetary complex.
Panaccio reports that Bryzgalov still chatted and joked around with the media today, but he was “clearly on-guard.”
Bryzgalov stopped 30 of 34 shots in yesterday’s 5-4 win over the Blackhawks. While the victory was nice, it didn’t help his numbers (3.01 GAA, .890 SV%).
Panaccio expects Bryzgalov to start tomorrow afternoon at home to the Senators, with Sergei Bobrovsky getting the nod in Sunday’s rematch at Ottawa.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)