Jan 6, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov’s pre-Winter Classic press conference, in which he announced he wasn’t going to start and then proceeded to have four different scrums with the media, didn’t go over well with Flyers brass.
Naturally, for the second time this season, the Bryzard of Oz was told to shut his mouth and keep his conversations simple — not planetary complex.
Panaccio reports that Bryzgalov still chatted and joked around with the media today, but he was “clearly on-guard.”
Bryzgalov stopped 30 of 34 shots in yesterday’s 5-4 win over the Blackhawks. While the victory was nice, it didn’t help his numbers (3.01 GAA, .890 SV%).
Panaccio expects Bryzgalov to start tomorrow afternoon at home to the Senators, with Sergei Bobrovsky getting the nod in Sunday’s rematch at Ottawa.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 14
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)