Jan 6, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
Yesterday we saw the fruits of Ottawa voters’ labor pay off as four Senators were named as starters to the All-Star Game. For many writers and fans in Philadelphia that didn’t sit too well as one of the NHL’s leading scorers, Claude Giroux, didn’t make the cut.
For Giroux, however, he wants everyone to know that it’s totally OK he didn’t get voted in as he shares with CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
“It’s in Ottawa, they want Ottawa players there, that’s fine,” he said. “I’m not going to judge the way they do. It doesn’t really matter. It seriously doesn’t bother me.
“If I do go back it will be pretty cool, I have family and friends there, but I have bigger things to worry about right now.”
Anyone upset that any of their favorite top players didn’t get voted on is missing the big picture and what the voting process was all about anyway. The hometown fans wanted their guys to make the game and that’s fine. There are 36 other stars (at least) that will get chosen and others that will get subbed in inevitably thanks to injury.
All-Star Game votes are rarely given out on merit and besides, there will be six other guys that will be getting the start in Ottawa later on. Now if Giroux doesn’t get named to the team at all, then we can fire up the torches and pitchforks.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)