Jan 6, 2012, 11:23 AM EST
Yesterday we saw the fruits of Ottawa voters’ labor pay off as four Senators were named as starters to the All-Star Game. For many writers and fans in Philadelphia that didn’t sit too well as one of the NHL’s leading scorers, Claude Giroux, didn’t make the cut.
For Giroux, however, he wants everyone to know that it’s totally OK he didn’t get voted in as he shares with CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
“It’s in Ottawa, they want Ottawa players there, that’s fine,” he said. “I’m not going to judge the way they do. It doesn’t really matter. It seriously doesn’t bother me.
“If I do go back it will be pretty cool, I have family and friends there, but I have bigger things to worry about right now.”
Anyone upset that any of their favorite top players didn’t get voted on is missing the big picture and what the voting process was all about anyway. The hometown fans wanted their guys to make the game and that’s fine. There are 36 other stars (at least) that will get chosen and others that will get subbed in inevitably thanks to injury.
All-Star Game votes are rarely given out on merit and besides, there will be six other guys that will be getting the start in Ottawa later on. Now if Giroux doesn’t get named to the team at all, then we can fire up the torches and pitchforks.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 0
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 10
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 27
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (150)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)