Jan 6, 2012, 11:23 AM EST
Yesterday we saw the fruits of Ottawa voters’ labor pay off as four Senators were named as starters to the All-Star Game. For many writers and fans in Philadelphia that didn’t sit too well as one of the NHL’s leading scorers, Claude Giroux, didn’t make the cut.
For Giroux, however, he wants everyone to know that it’s totally OK he didn’t get voted in as he shares with CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
“It’s in Ottawa, they want Ottawa players there, that’s fine,” he said. “I’m not going to judge the way they do. It doesn’t really matter. It seriously doesn’t bother me.
“If I do go back it will be pretty cool, I have family and friends there, but I have bigger things to worry about right now.”
Anyone upset that any of their favorite top players didn’t get voted on is missing the big picture and what the voting process was all about anyway. The hometown fans wanted their guys to make the game and that’s fine. There are 36 other stars (at least) that will get chosen and others that will get subbed in inevitably thanks to injury.
All-Star Game votes are rarely given out on merit and besides, there will be six other guys that will be getting the start in Ottawa later on. Now if Giroux doesn’t get named to the team at all, then we can fire up the torches and pitchforks.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 152
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (153)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)