Jan 5, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Nashville can breathe a little easier today.
Weber missed four games with his concussion suffered thanks to a hit from Stars defenseman Mark Fistric. Getting the chance to get back out on the ice tonight against the Stars all over again gives Weber the opportunity to unleash any frustrations he had from being injured. Getting to do it against the team that knocked you out of action makes for a nice welcome back gift.
In the four games Weber missed, Nashville went 3-1-0 with two shootout wins and allowed just one goal in both shootout wins. It’s a small sample size, but the Predators played strong without him thanks to Ryan Suter stepping up his game. Say, they might want to keep both of those guys around for a while.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)