Jan 5, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Nashville can breathe a little easier today.
Weber missed four games with his concussion suffered thanks to a hit from Stars defenseman Mark Fistric. Getting the chance to get back out on the ice tonight against the Stars all over again gives Weber the opportunity to unleash any frustrations he had from being injured. Getting to do it against the team that knocked you out of action makes for a nice welcome back gift.
In the four games Weber missed, Nashville went 3-1-0 with two shootout wins and allowed just one goal in both shootout wins. It’s a small sample size, but the Predators played strong without him thanks to Ryan Suter stepping up his game. Say, they might want to keep both of those guys around for a while.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)