Jan 5, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Nashville can breathe a little easier today.
Weber missed four games with his concussion suffered thanks to a hit from Stars defenseman Mark Fistric. Getting the chance to get back out on the ice tonight against the Stars all over again gives Weber the opportunity to unleash any frustrations he had from being injured. Getting to do it against the team that knocked you out of action makes for a nice welcome back gift.
In the four games Weber missed, Nashville went 3-1-0 with two shootout wins and allowed just one goal in both shootout wins. It’s a small sample size, but the Predators played strong without him thanks to Ryan Suter stepping up his game. Say, they might want to keep both of those guys around for a while.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18