Jan 5, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Nashville can breathe a little easier today.
Weber missed four games with his concussion suffered thanks to a hit from Stars defenseman Mark Fistric. Getting the chance to get back out on the ice tonight against the Stars all over again gives Weber the opportunity to unleash any frustrations he had from being injured. Getting to do it against the team that knocked you out of action makes for a nice welcome back gift.
In the four games Weber missed, Nashville went 3-1-0 with two shootout wins and allowed just one goal in both shootout wins. It’s a small sample size, but the Predators played strong without him thanks to Ryan Suter stepping up his game. Say, they might want to keep both of those guys around for a while.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31