Jan 5, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
Scoring four goals in a game is hard freakin’ work and Montreal’s Lars Eller did just that last night. His fourth goal, however, came in spectacular style on a penalty shot against Winnipeg’s Chris Mason.
Rather than doing things traditionally, Eller summoned the spirit of Denis Savard and whipped out the spin-o-rama. Wouldn’t you know… It worked. Eller’s goal capped off Montreal’s scoring in what turned out to be a 7-3 rout of the Jets and a monster five point night for Eller.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5