Jan 5, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
Scoring four goals in a game is hard freakin’ work and Montreal’s Lars Eller did just that last night. His fourth goal, however, came in spectacular style on a penalty shot against Winnipeg’s Chris Mason.
Rather than doing things traditionally, Eller summoned the spirit of Denis Savard and whipped out the spin-o-rama. Wouldn’t you know… It worked. Eller’s goal capped off Montreal’s scoring in what turned out to be a 7-3 rout of the Jets and a monster five point night for Eller.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 44
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1