Jan 5, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
Scoring four goals in a game is hard freakin’ work and Montreal’s Lars Eller did just that last night. His fourth goal, however, came in spectacular style on a penalty shot against Winnipeg’s Chris Mason.
Rather than doing things traditionally, Eller summoned the spirit of Denis Savard and whipped out the spin-o-rama. Wouldn’t you know… It worked. Eller’s goal capped off Montreal’s scoring in what turned out to be a 7-3 rout of the Jets and a monster five point night for Eller.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47