Jan 5, 2012, 7:35 AM EDT
Scoring four goals in a game is hard freakin’ work and Montreal’s Lars Eller did just that last night. His fourth goal, however, came in spectacular style on a penalty shot against Winnipeg’s Chris Mason.
Rather than doing things traditionally, Eller summoned the spirit of Denis Savard and whipped out the spin-o-rama. Wouldn’t you know… It worked. Eller’s goal capped off Montreal’s scoring in what turned out to be a 7-3 rout of the Jets and a monster five point night for Eller.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31