Jan 5, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Todd Bertuzzi‘s case against Marc Crawford is no more as Bertuzzi has dropped his third-party lawsuit against him reports David Shoalts of The Globe And Mail. Moore’s case against Bertuzzi still stands and Moore is seeking $38 million in damages thanks to his career being ended because of that incident.
Bertuzzi alleged that he was acting on orders by Crawford to go after Moore on the play that ultimately saw Bertuzzi break Moore’s neck and give him a severe concussion. Crawford, of course, denied this allegation and took no blame for what Bertuzzi did.
The whole case surrounding Moore, Bertuzzi, and that awful night in Vancouver is a black mark against the sport considering how things went down. The fact that it’s taken this long to progress this far is sad. Bertuzzi has moved on since his suspension for that incident to continue his career and keep playing for Florida, Anaheim, Detroit (twice) and Calgary. Moore has not played again since the incident.
Moore’s case against Bertuzzi is finally set to take place in September if Bertuzzi is still playing in the NHL. If not, they’ll go to trial in October.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 36
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 57
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 88
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (88)