Jan 5, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Todd Bertuzzi‘s case against Marc Crawford is no more as Bertuzzi has dropped his third-party lawsuit against him reports David Shoalts of The Globe And Mail. Moore’s case against Bertuzzi still stands and Moore is seeking $38 million in damages thanks to his career being ended because of that incident.
Bertuzzi alleged that he was acting on orders by Crawford to go after Moore on the play that ultimately saw Bertuzzi break Moore’s neck and give him a severe concussion. Crawford, of course, denied this allegation and took no blame for what Bertuzzi did.
The whole case surrounding Moore, Bertuzzi, and that awful night in Vancouver is a black mark against the sport considering how things went down. The fact that it’s taken this long to progress this far is sad. Bertuzzi has moved on since his suspension for that incident to continue his career and keep playing for Florida, Anaheim, Detroit (twice) and Calgary. Moore has not played again since the incident.
Moore’s case against Bertuzzi is finally set to take place in September if Bertuzzi is still playing in the NHL. If not, they’ll go to trial in October.
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 1
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 15
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)