Jan 5, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Todd Bertuzzi‘s case against Marc Crawford is no more as Bertuzzi has dropped his third-party lawsuit against him reports David Shoalts of The Globe And Mail. Moore’s case against Bertuzzi still stands and Moore is seeking $38 million in damages thanks to his career being ended because of that incident.
Bertuzzi alleged that he was acting on orders by Crawford to go after Moore on the play that ultimately saw Bertuzzi break Moore’s neck and give him a severe concussion. Crawford, of course, denied this allegation and took no blame for what Bertuzzi did.
The whole case surrounding Moore, Bertuzzi, and that awful night in Vancouver is a black mark against the sport considering how things went down. The fact that it’s taken this long to progress this far is sad. Bertuzzi has moved on since his suspension for that incident to continue his career and keep playing for Florida, Anaheim, Detroit (twice) and Calgary. Moore has not played again since the incident.
Moore’s case against Bertuzzi is finally set to take place in September if Bertuzzi is still playing in the NHL. If not, they’ll go to trial in October.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)