Jan 5, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Todd Bertuzzi‘s case against Marc Crawford is no more as Bertuzzi has dropped his third-party lawsuit against him reports David Shoalts of The Globe And Mail. Moore’s case against Bertuzzi still stands and Moore is seeking $38 million in damages thanks to his career being ended because of that incident.
Bertuzzi alleged that he was acting on orders by Crawford to go after Moore on the play that ultimately saw Bertuzzi break Moore’s neck and give him a severe concussion. Crawford, of course, denied this allegation and took no blame for what Bertuzzi did.
The whole case surrounding Moore, Bertuzzi, and that awful night in Vancouver is a black mark against the sport considering how things went down. The fact that it’s taken this long to progress this far is sad. Bertuzzi has moved on since his suspension for that incident to continue his career and keep playing for Florida, Anaheim, Detroit (twice) and Calgary. Moore has not played again since the incident.
Moore’s case against Bertuzzi is finally set to take place in September if Bertuzzi is still playing in the NHL. If not, they’ll go to trial in October.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 0
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 10
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)