Jan 5, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Todd Bertuzzi‘s case against Marc Crawford is no more as Bertuzzi has dropped his third-party lawsuit against him reports David Shoalts of The Globe And Mail. Moore’s case against Bertuzzi still stands and Moore is seeking $38 million in damages thanks to his career being ended because of that incident.
Bertuzzi alleged that he was acting on orders by Crawford to go after Moore on the play that ultimately saw Bertuzzi break Moore’s neck and give him a severe concussion. Crawford, of course, denied this allegation and took no blame for what Bertuzzi did.
The whole case surrounding Moore, Bertuzzi, and that awful night in Vancouver is a black mark against the sport considering how things went down. The fact that it’s taken this long to progress this far is sad. Bertuzzi has moved on since his suspension for that incident to continue his career and keep playing for Florida, Anaheim, Detroit (twice) and Calgary. Moore has not played again since the incident.
Moore’s case against Bertuzzi is finally set to take place in September if Bertuzzi is still playing in the NHL. If not, they’ll go to trial in October.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)