Jan 5, 2012, 9:08 AM EST
If you thought the possibility of the Ducks dealing any of their big three could get your attention, then the chance that Rick Nash could be had as well should have you on the edge of your seat.
Nash tells Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch that if the Blue Jackets were looking to improve the team and thought that trading him would do the trick, Nash wouldn’t stop them from doing it.
“The city of Columbus deserves a winner and deserves a good product on the ice. If it comes to that — like you said, all speculation — but if they don’t want me here, they want to move me? I’m not going to do something where it’s going to hurt the franchise just because I have that in my contract.”
If Nash keeps talking like that, they’ll build a statue of him by the time his career is over. Whether that’s in Columbus or not depends on what’s going through GM Scott Howson’s head.
There’s little doubt that the Blue Jackets could command a king’s ransom for Nash. He’s a potentially dominating left wing and if put in a situation where he’s got a legit playmaker he’s the sort of player that can swing the balance of power in a playoff race.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 1
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)