Jan 5, 2012, 9:08 AM EDT
If you thought the possibility of the Ducks dealing any of their big three could get your attention, then the chance that Rick Nash could be had as well should have you on the edge of your seat.
Nash tells Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch that if the Blue Jackets were looking to improve the team and thought that trading him would do the trick, Nash wouldn’t stop them from doing it.
“The city of Columbus deserves a winner and deserves a good product on the ice. If it comes to that — like you said, all speculation — but if they don’t want me here, they want to move me? I’m not going to do something where it’s going to hurt the franchise just because I have that in my contract.”
If Nash keeps talking like that, they’ll build a statue of him by the time his career is over. Whether that’s in Columbus or not depends on what’s going through GM Scott Howson’s head.
There’s little doubt that the Blue Jackets could command a king’s ransom for Nash. He’s a potentially dominating left wing and if put in a situation where he’s got a legit playmaker he’s the sort of player that can swing the balance of power in a playoff race.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)