Jan 5, 2012, 9:08 AM EST
If you thought the possibility of the Ducks dealing any of their big three could get your attention, then the chance that Rick Nash could be had as well should have you on the edge of your seat.
Nash tells Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch that if the Blue Jackets were looking to improve the team and thought that trading him would do the trick, Nash wouldn’t stop them from doing it.
“The city of Columbus deserves a winner and deserves a good product on the ice. If it comes to that — like you said, all speculation — but if they don’t want me here, they want to move me? I’m not going to do something where it’s going to hurt the franchise just because I have that in my contract.”
If Nash keeps talking like that, they’ll build a statue of him by the time his career is over. Whether that’s in Columbus or not depends on what’s going through GM Scott Howson’s head.
There’s little doubt that the Blue Jackets could command a king’s ransom for Nash. He’s a potentially dominating left wing and if put in a situation where he’s got a legit playmaker he’s the sort of player that can swing the balance of power in a playoff race.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)