Jan 5, 2012, 9:08 AM EST
If you thought the possibility of the Ducks dealing any of their big three could get your attention, then the chance that Rick Nash could be had as well should have you on the edge of your seat.
Nash tells Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch that if the Blue Jackets were looking to improve the team and thought that trading him would do the trick, Nash wouldn’t stop them from doing it.
“The city of Columbus deserves a winner and deserves a good product on the ice. If it comes to that — like you said, all speculation — but if they don’t want me here, they want to move me? I’m not going to do something where it’s going to hurt the franchise just because I have that in my contract.”
If Nash keeps talking like that, they’ll build a statue of him by the time his career is over. Whether that’s in Columbus or not depends on what’s going through GM Scott Howson’s head.
There’s little doubt that the Blue Jackets could command a king’s ransom for Nash. He’s a potentially dominating left wing and if put in a situation where he’s got a legit playmaker he’s the sort of player that can swing the balance of power in a playoff race.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)