Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
Karl Alzner is a man of his word. Today at Capitals practice, he wore a Russia hockey jersey, presumably to pay up for Canada’s recent loss at the World Junior Hockey Championships.
Image courtesy Washington Post
By the look on Alex Ovechkin’s face, it’s easy to guess who Alzner made the wager with.
In 2007, Alzner won the gold medal with Canada’s junior team, which beat Russia in the final.
Ovechkin won gold in 2003, his side beating Canada in the final.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)