Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
Karl Alzner is a man of his word. Today at Capitals practice, he wore a Russia hockey jersey, presumably to pay up for Canada’s recent loss at the World Junior Hockey Championships.
Image courtesy Washington Post
By the look on Alex Ovechkin’s face, it’s easy to guess who Alzner made the wager with.
In 2007, Alzner won the gold medal with Canada’s junior team, which beat Russia in the final.
Ovechkin won gold in 2003, his side beating Canada in the final.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8