Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
Karl Alzner is a man of his word. Today at Capitals practice, he wore a Russia hockey jersey, presumably to pay up for Canada’s recent loss at the World Junior Hockey Championships.
Image courtesy Washington Post
By the look on Alex Ovechkin’s face, it’s easy to guess who Alzner made the wager with.
In 2007, Alzner won the gold medal with Canada’s junior team, which beat Russia in the final.
Ovechkin won gold in 2003, his side beating Canada in the final.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)