Jan 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Jagr updated his condition today telling CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that it wasn’t his calf that a Penguins player speared last week, but his groin instead.
Jagr also tells Panaccio that he’s feeling better and could be back in action sooner than thought.
“Only way I feel pain is when I push my leg all the way,” he said. “That was in the game. Today, I felt fine but it’s only practice and I don’t [extend] … I have at least two more practice days and it heals quick.”
Remember it was Jagr’s groin that hampered his play earlier this year and was again an injury initially thought to keep him out of action for a bit of time only to see him miss just over a week.
While Jagr is out of action, the Flyers promoted Matt Read to his line alongside Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell. Read has done well this year as a rookie scoring 12 goals and providing a spark on the team’s second and third line at times this year. Read is no Jagr, but as long as Jagr is bothered by his groin the Flyers are in good hands (groins?) with Read.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)