Jan 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Jagr updated his condition today telling CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that it wasn’t his calf that a Penguins player speared last week, but his groin instead.
Jagr also tells Panaccio that he’s feeling better and could be back in action sooner than thought.
“Only way I feel pain is when I push my leg all the way,” he said. “That was in the game. Today, I felt fine but it’s only practice and I don’t [extend] … I have at least two more practice days and it heals quick.”
Remember it was Jagr’s groin that hampered his play earlier this year and was again an injury initially thought to keep him out of action for a bit of time only to see him miss just over a week.
While Jagr is out of action, the Flyers promoted Matt Read to his line alongside Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell. Read has done well this year as a rookie scoring 12 goals and providing a spark on the team’s second and third line at times this year. Read is no Jagr, but as long as Jagr is bothered by his groin the Flyers are in good hands (groins?) with Read.
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 9
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 14
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 121
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 64
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (121)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)