Jan 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Jagr updated his condition today telling CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that it wasn’t his calf that a Penguins player speared last week, but his groin instead.
Jagr also tells Panaccio that he’s feeling better and could be back in action sooner than thought.
“Only way I feel pain is when I push my leg all the way,” he said. “That was in the game. Today, I felt fine but it’s only practice and I don’t [extend] … I have at least two more practice days and it heals quick.”
Remember it was Jagr’s groin that hampered his play earlier this year and was again an injury initially thought to keep him out of action for a bit of time only to see him miss just over a week.
While Jagr is out of action, the Flyers promoted Matt Read to his line alongside Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell. Read has done well this year as a rookie scoring 12 goals and providing a spark on the team’s second and third line at times this year. Read is no Jagr, but as long as Jagr is bothered by his groin the Flyers are in good hands (groins?) with Read.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)