Jan 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
Jagr updated his condition today telling CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that it wasn’t his calf that a Penguins player speared last week, but his groin instead.
Jagr also tells Panaccio that he’s feeling better and could be back in action sooner than thought.
“Only way I feel pain is when I push my leg all the way,” he said. “That was in the game. Today, I felt fine but it’s only practice and I don’t [extend] … I have at least two more practice days and it heals quick.”
Remember it was Jagr’s groin that hampered his play earlier this year and was again an injury initially thought to keep him out of action for a bit of time only to see him miss just over a week.
While Jagr is out of action, the Flyers promoted Matt Read to his line alongside Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell. Read has done well this year as a rookie scoring 12 goals and providing a spark on the team’s second and third line at times this year. Read is no Jagr, but as long as Jagr is bothered by his groin the Flyers are in good hands (groins?) with Read.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)