Jan 5, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Jagr updated his condition today telling CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that it wasn’t his calf that a Penguins player speared last week, but his groin instead.
Jagr also tells Panaccio that he’s feeling better and could be back in action sooner than thought.
“Only way I feel pain is when I push my leg all the way,” he said. “That was in the game. Today, I felt fine but it’s only practice and I don’t [extend] … I have at least two more practice days and it heals quick.”
Remember it was Jagr’s groin that hampered his play earlier this year and was again an injury initially thought to keep him out of action for a bit of time only to see him miss just over a week.
While Jagr is out of action, the Flyers promoted Matt Read to his line alongside Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell. Read has done well this year as a rookie scoring 12 goals and providing a spark on the team’s second and third line at times this year. Read is no Jagr, but as long as Jagr is bothered by his groin the Flyers are in good hands (groins?) with Read.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)