Jan 4, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger that they’re being careful with Zajac so as to not put him at risk.
“We’re going to rest Travis. He has a little soreness and we don’t want to take any chances,” Lamoriello said. “There is nothing structurally wrong. We asked the doctors and this is normal.”
At least they’ve got that going for them. If there’s a positive to be found out of this situation, it’s that the Devils don’t really have any worries up the middle on their scoring lines. Patrik Elias has been great all season and rookie Adam Henrique has been a revelation for New Jersey.
Having Zajac out there at less than 100 percent wouldn’t do the Devils any favors against Boston and resting him is never a bad idea.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8