Jan 4, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger that they’re being careful with Zajac so as to not put him at risk.
“We’re going to rest Travis. He has a little soreness and we don’t want to take any chances,” Lamoriello said. “There is nothing structurally wrong. We asked the doctors and this is normal.”
At least they’ve got that going for them. If there’s a positive to be found out of this situation, it’s that the Devils don’t really have any worries up the middle on their scoring lines. Patrik Elias has been great all season and rookie Adam Henrique has been a revelation for New Jersey.
Having Zajac out there at less than 100 percent wouldn’t do the Devils any favors against Boston and resting him is never a bad idea.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)