Jan 4, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger that they’re being careful with Zajac so as to not put him at risk.
“We’re going to rest Travis. He has a little soreness and we don’t want to take any chances,” Lamoriello said. “There is nothing structurally wrong. We asked the doctors and this is normal.”
At least they’ve got that going for them. If there’s a positive to be found out of this situation, it’s that the Devils don’t really have any worries up the middle on their scoring lines. Patrik Elias has been great all season and rookie Adam Henrique has been a revelation for New Jersey.
Having Zajac out there at less than 100 percent wouldn’t do the Devils any favors against Boston and resting him is never a bad idea.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)