Jan 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Chris Phillips’ upper-body injury became more specific today. Yep, you guessed it – the Ottawa defenseman has a concussion.
Phillips was injured Monday when he was hit by New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus. According to Senators coach Paul MacLean, the veteran blueliner is unlikely to play tomorrow versus the Lightning.
“He’s got to go through protocol,” said MacLean, as per QMI Agency. “He’s doubtful for (Thursday). We’re hopeful that it’s short-term. At this point, he’s being evaluated.”
The Sens have won six of their last eight, but have a tough schedule coming up. After hosting Tampa Bay, they play the Flyers back-to-back, followed by road games against the Penguins and Rangers.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)