Jan 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Chris Phillips’ upper-body injury became more specific today. Yep, you guessed it – the Ottawa defenseman has a concussion.
Phillips was injured Monday when he was hit by New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus. According to Senators coach Paul MacLean, the veteran blueliner is unlikely to play tomorrow versus the Lightning.
“He’s got to go through protocol,” said MacLean, as per QMI Agency. “He’s doubtful for (Thursday). We’re hopeful that it’s short-term. At this point, he’s being evaluated.”
The Sens have won six of their last eight, but have a tough schedule coming up. After hosting Tampa Bay, they play the Flyers back-to-back, followed by road games against the Penguins and Rangers.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25