Jan 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Chris Phillips’ upper-body injury became more specific today. Yep, you guessed it – the Ottawa defenseman has a concussion.
Phillips was injured Monday when he was hit by New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus. According to Senators coach Paul MacLean, the veteran blueliner is unlikely to play tomorrow versus the Lightning.
“He’s got to go through protocol,” said MacLean, as per QMI Agency. “He’s doubtful for (Thursday). We’re hopeful that it’s short-term. At this point, he’s being evaluated.”
The Sens have won six of their last eight, but have a tough schedule coming up. After hosting Tampa Bay, they play the Flyers back-to-back, followed by road games against the Penguins and Rangers.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5