Jan 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Chris Phillips’ upper-body injury became more specific today. Yep, you guessed it – the Ottawa defenseman has a concussion.
Phillips was injured Monday when he was hit by New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus. According to Senators coach Paul MacLean, the veteran blueliner is unlikely to play tomorrow versus the Lightning.
“He’s got to go through protocol,” said MacLean, as per QMI Agency. “He’s doubtful for (Thursday). We’re hopeful that it’s short-term. At this point, he’s being evaluated.”
The Sens have won six of their last eight, but have a tough schedule coming up. After hosting Tampa Bay, they play the Flyers back-to-back, followed by road games against the Penguins and Rangers.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63