Jan 4, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Chris Phillips’ upper-body injury became more specific today. Yep, you guessed it – the Ottawa defenseman has a concussion.
Phillips was injured Monday when he was hit by New Jersey’s Dainius Zubrus. According to Senators coach Paul MacLean, the veteran blueliner is unlikely to play tomorrow versus the Lightning.
“He’s got to go through protocol,” said MacLean, as per QMI Agency. “He’s doubtful for (Thursday). We’re hopeful that it’s short-term. At this point, he’s being evaluated.”
The Sens have won six of their last eight, but have a tough schedule coming up. After hosting Tampa Bay, they play the Flyers back-to-back, followed by road games against the Penguins and Rangers.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)