Jan 4, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
However you explain it, the decision isn’t expected to come until sometime before Barch’s Florida Panthers play on Thursday. Nick Kypreos reports that Barch’s much-delayed hearing will come at 10 a.m. tomorrow.
The sensitive nature of the situation and tough task of compiling proper evidence probably explains the curious amount of time required to make the decision. That being said, the unexpected build-up gives it the feel of a precedent-setting verdict, even if the NHL has handed out suspensions and other punishments for (alleged) racial slurs in the past.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 14
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33