Jan 4, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
However you explain it, the decision isn’t expected to come until sometime before Barch’s Florida Panthers play on Thursday. Nick Kypreos reports that Barch’s much-delayed hearing will come at 10 a.m. tomorrow.
The sensitive nature of the situation and tough task of compiling proper evidence probably explains the curious amount of time required to make the decision. That being said, the unexpected build-up gives it the feel of a precedent-setting verdict, even if the NHL has handed out suspensions and other punishments for (alleged) racial slurs in the past.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14