Jan 4, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Apparently it’s Stanley Cup rematch week in the NHL. On Saturday, Vancouver is in Boston for a much-anticipated game. But let’s not forget about tomorrow, when the Blackhawks are in Philadelphia for the first time since winning the Cup there in 2010.
Claude Giroux sure hasn’t forgotten.
“Any time you think of Chicago, you’re going to think of them stealing the Stanley Cup from us,” Giroux said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “Obviously it’s motivation for us to win every game.”
The ‘Hawks and Flyers hooked up last year – a 4-1 Philly win on Jan. 23 – but that was in Chicago.
“I remember last year, it was a big game for us,” said Giroux. “We won that game, but we’ve got to make sure we do the same thing here.”
Meanwhile, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is looking forward to reliving some old memories.
“It’s been a long time, but just to be back we’ll have some old stories we can tell,” Toews told CSNChicago.com. “I’m sure the new guys are sick enough of hearing about all that stuff. We’ll just have a couple more days of it, I guess.”
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 15
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 43
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)