Jan 4, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Apparently it’s Stanley Cup rematch week in the NHL. On Saturday, Vancouver is in Boston for a much-anticipated game. But let’s not forget about tomorrow, when the Blackhawks are in Philadelphia for the first time since winning the Cup there in 2010.
Claude Giroux sure hasn’t forgotten.
“Any time you think of Chicago, you’re going to think of them stealing the Stanley Cup from us,” Giroux said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “Obviously it’s motivation for us to win every game.”
The ‘Hawks and Flyers hooked up last year – a 4-1 Philly win on Jan. 23 – but that was in Chicago.
“I remember last year, it was a big game for us,” said Giroux. “We won that game, but we’ve got to make sure we do the same thing here.”
Meanwhile, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is looking forward to reliving some old memories.
“It’s been a long time, but just to be back we’ll have some old stories we can tell,” Toews told CSNChicago.com. “I’m sure the new guys are sick enough of hearing about all that stuff. We’ll just have a couple more days of it, I guess.”
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 3
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 13
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)