Jan 4, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Apparently it’s Stanley Cup rematch week in the NHL. On Saturday, Vancouver is in Boston for a much-anticipated game. But let’s not forget about tomorrow, when the Blackhawks are in Philadelphia for the first time since winning the Cup there in 2010.
Claude Giroux sure hasn’t forgotten.
“Any time you think of Chicago, you’re going to think of them stealing the Stanley Cup from us,” Giroux said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “Obviously it’s motivation for us to win every game.”
The ‘Hawks and Flyers hooked up last year – a 4-1 Philly win on Jan. 23 – but that was in Chicago.
“I remember last year, it was a big game for us,” said Giroux. “We won that game, but we’ve got to make sure we do the same thing here.”
Meanwhile, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is looking forward to reliving some old memories.
“It’s been a long time, but just to be back we’ll have some old stories we can tell,” Toews told CSNChicago.com. “I’m sure the new guys are sick enough of hearing about all that stuff. We’ll just have a couple more days of it, I guess.”
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 0
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 106
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7