Jan 4, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
Apparently it’s Stanley Cup rematch week in the NHL. On Saturday, Vancouver is in Boston for a much-anticipated game. But let’s not forget about tomorrow, when the Blackhawks are in Philadelphia for the first time since winning the Cup there in 2010.
Claude Giroux sure hasn’t forgotten.
“Any time you think of Chicago, you’re going to think of them stealing the Stanley Cup from us,” Giroux said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “Obviously it’s motivation for us to win every game.”
The ‘Hawks and Flyers hooked up last year – a 4-1 Philly win on Jan. 23 – but that was in Chicago.
“I remember last year, it was a big game for us,” said Giroux. “We won that game, but we’ve got to make sure we do the same thing here.”
Meanwhile, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is looking forward to reliving some old memories.
“It’s been a long time, but just to be back we’ll have some old stories we can tell,” Toews told CSNChicago.com. “I’m sure the new guys are sick enough of hearing about all that stuff. We’ll just have a couple more days of it, I guess.”
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)