Jan 4, 2012, 7:10 PM EST
Apparently it’s Stanley Cup rematch week in the NHL. On Saturday, Vancouver is in Boston for a much-anticipated game. But let’s not forget about tomorrow, when the Blackhawks are in Philadelphia for the first time since winning the Cup there in 2010.
Claude Giroux sure hasn’t forgotten.
“Any time you think of Chicago, you’re going to think of them stealing the Stanley Cup from us,” Giroux said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “Obviously it’s motivation for us to win every game.”
The ‘Hawks and Flyers hooked up last year – a 4-1 Philly win on Jan. 23 – but that was in Chicago.
“I remember last year, it was a big game for us,” said Giroux. “We won that game, but we’ve got to make sure we do the same thing here.”
Meanwhile, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is looking forward to reliving some old memories.
“It’s been a long time, but just to be back we’ll have some old stories we can tell,” Toews told CSNChicago.com. “I’m sure the new guys are sick enough of hearing about all that stuff. We’ll just have a couple more days of it, I guess.”
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35