Jan 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Myers (broken wrist) has missed 19 games while Leino (broken left foot) has missed nine.
The Sabres had a tough December, posting a 4-7-3 while also losing defenseman Christian Ehrhoff for an extended period. The team that had big preseason expectations sits four points of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, so the returns of Myers and Leino will be most welcome, even if neither player was tearing it up before getting hurt.
Myers could play as soon as Friday in Carolina while Leino is more likely to return Saturday versus Winnipeg.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)