Jan 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Myers (broken wrist) has missed 19 games while Leino (broken left foot) has missed nine.
The Sabres had a tough December, posting a 4-7-3 while also losing defenseman Christian Ehrhoff for an extended period. The team that had big preseason expectations sits four points of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, so the returns of Myers and Leino will be most welcome, even if neither player was tearing it up before getting hurt.
Myers could play as soon as Friday in Carolina while Leino is more likely to return Saturday versus Winnipeg.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)