Jan 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Myers (broken wrist) has missed 19 games while Leino (broken left foot) has missed nine.
The Sabres had a tough December, posting a 4-7-3 while also losing defenseman Christian Ehrhoff for an extended period. The team that had big preseason expectations sits four points of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, so the returns of Myers and Leino will be most welcome, even if neither player was tearing it up before getting hurt.
Myers could play as soon as Friday in Carolina while Leino is more likely to return Saturday versus Winnipeg.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17