Jan 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
Myers (broken wrist) has missed 19 games while Leino (broken left foot) has missed nine.
The Sabres had a tough December, posting a 4-7-3 while also losing defenseman Christian Ehrhoff for an extended period. The team that had big preseason expectations sits four points of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, so the returns of Myers and Leino will be most welcome, even if neither player was tearing it up before getting hurt.
Myers could play as soon as Friday in Carolina while Leino is more likely to return Saturday versus Winnipeg.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 1
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21