Jan 4, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Myers (broken wrist) has missed 19 games while Leino (broken left foot) has missed nine.
The Sabres had a tough December, posting a 4-7-3 while also losing defenseman Christian Ehrhoff for an extended period. The team that had big preseason expectations sits four points of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, so the returns of Myers and Leino will be most welcome, even if neither player was tearing it up before getting hurt.
Myers could play as soon as Friday in Carolina while Leino is more likely to return Saturday versus Winnipeg.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22