Jan 4, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Madden signed a one-year deal with the Panthers to finish up the rest of the season with the team and give them another veteran presence up the middle. Madden will slot into the lineup thanks to a host of injuries in Florida. With guys like Scottie Upshall, Marcel Goc, Sean Bergenheim, Jack Skille, and Marco Sturm all banged up and slow to get back to action, Madden gives them another guy they can put at center to give them some help defensively.
The 38 year-old Madden also joins a host of former Stanley Cup-winning Chicago Blackhawks in south Florida. Skille, Tomas Kopecky, Kris Versteeg, and Brian Campbell were all part of that 2010 team with Madden. They’ll be looking to bring some of that magic to the Panthers who sit atop the Southeast Division and are looking to make the playoffs for the first time since 2000.
Of course, if the Panthers start playing “Chelsea Dagger” after goals, we’re going to need to have an intervention for GM Dale Tallon.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)