Jan 4, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Dorsett tells Shawn Mitchell of Puck-Rakers Blog that Ovechkin did a little more than trash talk him to get him fired up and get each other thrown in the penalty box. Instead, Dorsett says Ovechkin spit on him to light his fire.
“That’s why I was yelling at the ref so much and yelling at him in the penalty box,” Dorsett said. “I find that pretty disrespectful. That’s probably one of the most disrespectful things someone can do, especially a guy who is the best player in the league. It’s classless. He’s supposed to be a role model for the game. It’s unbelievable.”
Of course, Ovechkin denies the allegation to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
“No, no, no. I don’t know. Show me that moment, I want to see it. No.”
It’s a “he said-he said” matter right now, but Dorsett reacted frantically after the two came together for matching minor penalties as if something rotten happened. Is Ovechkin the sort of player to do this kind of thing in the heat of battle? Is any player capable of doing that?
Thanks to our friends at CSNWashington.com, here’s video of Dorsett and Ovechkin getting together with Dorsett blowing his top.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)