Jan 4, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Dorsett tells Shawn Mitchell of Puck-Rakers Blog that Ovechkin did a little more than trash talk him to get him fired up and get each other thrown in the penalty box. Instead, Dorsett says Ovechkin spit on him to light his fire.
“That’s why I was yelling at the ref so much and yelling at him in the penalty box,” Dorsett said. “I find that pretty disrespectful. That’s probably one of the most disrespectful things someone can do, especially a guy who is the best player in the league. It’s classless. He’s supposed to be a role model for the game. It’s unbelievable.”
Of course, Ovechkin denies the allegation to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
“No, no, no. I don’t know. Show me that moment, I want to see it. No.”
It’s a “he said-he said” matter right now, but Dorsett reacted frantically after the two came together for matching minor penalties as if something rotten happened. Is Ovechkin the sort of player to do this kind of thing in the heat of battle? Is any player capable of doing that?
Thanks to our friends at CSNWashington.com, here’s video of Dorsett and Ovechkin getting together with Dorsett blowing his top.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 31
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 66
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51