Jan 4, 2012, 12:06 PM EST
Dorsett tells Shawn Mitchell of Puck-Rakers Blog that Ovechkin did a little more than trash talk him to get him fired up and get each other thrown in the penalty box. Instead, Dorsett says Ovechkin spit on him to light his fire.
“That’s why I was yelling at the ref so much and yelling at him in the penalty box,” Dorsett said. “I find that pretty disrespectful. That’s probably one of the most disrespectful things someone can do, especially a guy who is the best player in the league. It’s classless. He’s supposed to be a role model for the game. It’s unbelievable.”
Of course, Ovechkin denies the allegation to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
“No, no, no. I don’t know. Show me that moment, I want to see it. No.”
It’s a “he said-he said” matter right now, but Dorsett reacted frantically after the two came together for matching minor penalties as if something rotten happened. Is Ovechkin the sort of player to do this kind of thing in the heat of battle? Is any player capable of doing that?
Thanks to our friends at CSNWashington.com, here’s video of Dorsett and Ovechkin getting together with Dorsett blowing his top.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 5
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28