Jan 4, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Dorsett tells Shawn Mitchell of Puck-Rakers Blog that Ovechkin did a little more than trash talk him to get him fired up and get each other thrown in the penalty box. Instead, Dorsett says Ovechkin spit on him to light his fire.
“That’s why I was yelling at the ref so much and yelling at him in the penalty box,” Dorsett said. “I find that pretty disrespectful. That’s probably one of the most disrespectful things someone can do, especially a guy who is the best player in the league. It’s classless. He’s supposed to be a role model for the game. It’s unbelievable.”
Of course, Ovechkin denies the allegation to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
“No, no, no. I don’t know. Show me that moment, I want to see it. No.”
It’s a “he said-he said” matter right now, but Dorsett reacted frantically after the two came together for matching minor penalties as if something rotten happened. Is Ovechkin the sort of player to do this kind of thing in the heat of battle? Is any player capable of doing that?
Thanks to our friends at CSNWashington.com, here’s video of Dorsett and Ovechkin getting together with Dorsett blowing his top.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)