Jan 4, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Dorsett tells Shawn Mitchell of Puck-Rakers Blog that Ovechkin did a little more than trash talk him to get him fired up and get each other thrown in the penalty box. Instead, Dorsett says Ovechkin spit on him to light his fire.
“That’s why I was yelling at the ref so much and yelling at him in the penalty box,” Dorsett said. “I find that pretty disrespectful. That’s probably one of the most disrespectful things someone can do, especially a guy who is the best player in the league. It’s classless. He’s supposed to be a role model for the game. It’s unbelievable.”
Of course, Ovechkin denies the allegation to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post.
“No, no, no. I don’t know. Show me that moment, I want to see it. No.”
It’s a “he said-he said” matter right now, but Dorsett reacted frantically after the two came together for matching minor penalties as if something rotten happened. Is Ovechkin the sort of player to do this kind of thing in the heat of battle? Is any player capable of doing that?
Thanks to our friends at CSNWashington.com, here’s video of Dorsett and Ovechkin getting together with Dorsett blowing his top.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9