Jan 4, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Last chance to vote for the six automatic bids to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game – the polls close tonight at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Try not to bring the internet to its knees as you rush over to NHL.com.
How’s the voting gone so far?
Toronto’s Phil Kessel is the overall leader, but Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson has made up some ground since last week. The leaderboard remains almost exclusively an all-Ontario affair, with Ottawa’s Jason Spezza in third place, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek in fifth place and Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul in sixth place.
Man, the Leafs and Senators must be really good teams.
Fan voting is clearly problematic, but at least most of those guys would’ve been all-stars regardless.
The only one that doesn’t belong is Reimer. The Leafs’ young goalie is 7-4-4 with a mediocre .900 save percentage.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)