Jan 4, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Last chance to vote for the six automatic bids to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game – the polls close tonight at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Try not to bring the internet to its knees as you rush over to NHL.com.
How’s the voting gone so far?
Toronto’s Phil Kessel is the overall leader, but Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson has made up some ground since last week. The leaderboard remains almost exclusively an all-Ontario affair, with Ottawa’s Jason Spezza in third place, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek in fifth place and Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul in sixth place.
Man, the Leafs and Senators must be really good teams.
Fan voting is clearly problematic, but at least most of those guys would’ve been all-stars regardless.
The only one that doesn’t belong is Reimer. The Leafs’ young goalie is 7-4-4 with a mediocre .900 save percentage.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5