Jan 4, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Last chance to vote for the six automatic bids to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game – the polls close tonight at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Try not to bring the internet to its knees as you rush over to NHL.com.
How’s the voting gone so far?
Toronto’s Phil Kessel is the overall leader, but Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson has made up some ground since last week. The leaderboard remains almost exclusively an all-Ontario affair, with Ottawa’s Jason Spezza in third place, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek in fifth place and Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul in sixth place.
Man, the Leafs and Senators must be really good teams.
Fan voting is clearly problematic, but at least most of those guys would’ve been all-stars regardless.
The only one that doesn’t belong is Reimer. The Leafs’ young goalie is 7-4-4 with a mediocre .900 save percentage.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)