Jan 4, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
Last chance to vote for the six automatic bids to the 2012 NHL All-Star Game – the polls close tonight at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Try not to bring the internet to its knees as you rush over to NHL.com.
How’s the voting gone so far?
Toronto’s Phil Kessel is the overall leader, but Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson has made up some ground since last week. The leaderboard remains almost exclusively an all-Ontario affair, with Ottawa’s Jason Spezza in third place, Ottawa’s Milan Michalek in fifth place and Toronto’s Joffrey Lupul in sixth place.
Man, the Leafs and Senators must be really good teams.
Fan voting is clearly problematic, but at least most of those guys would’ve been all-stars regardless.
The only one that doesn’t belong is Reimer. The Leafs’ young goalie is 7-4-4 with a mediocre .900 save percentage.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)