Jan 3, 2012, 3:52 PM EDT
On the same day that Mark Spector published Dan Carcillo‘s comments about how he’s “processing” the way he delivers hits, the NHL decided he might need a little more time to work on that. The league has suspended the Chicago Blackhawks pest indefinitely for a check from behind on Edmonton Oilers defenseman Tom Gilbert.
Carcillo has already been suspended once this season, so Brendan Shanahan & Co. might give him more than the usual slap on the wrist. Take another look at the hit below and let us know what kind of punishment makes sense. Gilbert will miss the Oilers’ game against the Buffalo Sabres tonight, but his overall outlook seems somewhat optimistic.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8