Jan 3, 2012, 3:52 PM EST
On the same day that Mark Spector published Dan Carcillo‘s comments about how he’s “processing” the way he delivers hits, the NHL decided he might need a little more time to work on that. The league has suspended the Chicago Blackhawks pest indefinitely for a check from behind on Edmonton Oilers defenseman Tom Gilbert.
Carcillo has already been suspended once this season, so Brendan Shanahan & Co. might give him more than the usual slap on the wrist. Take another look at the hit below and let us know what kind of punishment makes sense. Gilbert will miss the Oilers’ game against the Buffalo Sabres tonight, but his overall outlook seems somewhat optimistic.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 5
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29