Jan 3, 2012, 9:39 AM EST
If you haven’t heard much out of Mike Knuble this season, you’re not alone.
The Caps’ veteran forward has seen his role with the team diminished thanks to being moved to the fourth line. Knuble being the veteran that he is takes the move in stride, but he’s not exactly beaming with pride over it. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post finds out from Knuble that he’s just trying to do right by the team with his reduced role.
“It’s just the way things have shaken out,” Knuble said. “To be honest, sure it’s frustrating because I haven’t been there in the last eight, nine, 10 years. I’ve had some good years in the league….We’ve talked a little bit about it and I feel you’ve just gotta kinda roll with what happens and do whatever you can when you’re out there. It’s different, that’s for sure.”
Knuble was always viewed to be the power forward to ride shotgun with Alex Ovechkin and to be the guy that parks in front of the net to put home rebounds. Whether it’s his age, skills, or Dale Hunter not liking what he sees out of him, Knuble is handling things well. Some veterans would raise hell about a demotion, but with the Caps starting to turn things around Knuble is doing right by his teammates.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)