Jan 3, 2012, 9:39 AM EDT
If you haven’t heard much out of Mike Knuble this season, you’re not alone.
The Caps’ veteran forward has seen his role with the team diminished thanks to being moved to the fourth line. Knuble being the veteran that he is takes the move in stride, but he’s not exactly beaming with pride over it. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post finds out from Knuble that he’s just trying to do right by the team with his reduced role.
“It’s just the way things have shaken out,” Knuble said. “To be honest, sure it’s frustrating because I haven’t been there in the last eight, nine, 10 years. I’ve had some good years in the league….We’ve talked a little bit about it and I feel you’ve just gotta kinda roll with what happens and do whatever you can when you’re out there. It’s different, that’s for sure.”
Knuble was always viewed to be the power forward to ride shotgun with Alex Ovechkin and to be the guy that parks in front of the net to put home rebounds. Whether it’s his age, skills, or Dale Hunter not liking what he sees out of him, Knuble is handling things well. Some veterans would raise hell about a demotion, but with the Caps starting to turn things around Knuble is doing right by his teammates.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 3
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 25
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 36
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)