Jan 3, 2012, 9:39 AM EDT
If you haven’t heard much out of Mike Knuble this season, you’re not alone.
The Caps’ veteran forward has seen his role with the team diminished thanks to being moved to the fourth line. Knuble being the veteran that he is takes the move in stride, but he’s not exactly beaming with pride over it. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post finds out from Knuble that he’s just trying to do right by the team with his reduced role.
“It’s just the way things have shaken out,” Knuble said. “To be honest, sure it’s frustrating because I haven’t been there in the last eight, nine, 10 years. I’ve had some good years in the league….We’ve talked a little bit about it and I feel you’ve just gotta kinda roll with what happens and do whatever you can when you’re out there. It’s different, that’s for sure.”
Knuble was always viewed to be the power forward to ride shotgun with Alex Ovechkin and to be the guy that parks in front of the net to put home rebounds. Whether it’s his age, skills, or Dale Hunter not liking what he sees out of him, Knuble is handling things well. Some veterans would raise hell about a demotion, but with the Caps starting to turn things around Knuble is doing right by his teammates.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)