Jan 3, 2012, 9:39 AM EDT
If you haven’t heard much out of Mike Knuble this season, you’re not alone.
The Caps’ veteran forward has seen his role with the team diminished thanks to being moved to the fourth line. Knuble being the veteran that he is takes the move in stride, but he’s not exactly beaming with pride over it. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post finds out from Knuble that he’s just trying to do right by the team with his reduced role.
“It’s just the way things have shaken out,” Knuble said. “To be honest, sure it’s frustrating because I haven’t been there in the last eight, nine, 10 years. I’ve had some good years in the league….We’ve talked a little bit about it and I feel you’ve just gotta kinda roll with what happens and do whatever you can when you’re out there. It’s different, that’s for sure.”
Knuble was always viewed to be the power forward to ride shotgun with Alex Ovechkin and to be the guy that parks in front of the net to put home rebounds. Whether it’s his age, skills, or Dale Hunter not liking what he sees out of him, Knuble is handling things well. Some veterans would raise hell about a demotion, but with the Caps starting to turn things around Knuble is doing right by his teammates.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)