Jan 3, 2012, 9:39 AM EDT
If you haven’t heard much out of Mike Knuble this season, you’re not alone.
The Caps’ veteran forward has seen his role with the team diminished thanks to being moved to the fourth line. Knuble being the veteran that he is takes the move in stride, but he’s not exactly beaming with pride over it. Katie Carrera of The Washington Post finds out from Knuble that he’s just trying to do right by the team with his reduced role.
“It’s just the way things have shaken out,” Knuble said. “To be honest, sure it’s frustrating because I haven’t been there in the last eight, nine, 10 years. I’ve had some good years in the league….We’ve talked a little bit about it and I feel you’ve just gotta kinda roll with what happens and do whatever you can when you’re out there. It’s different, that’s for sure.”
Knuble was always viewed to be the power forward to ride shotgun with Alex Ovechkin and to be the guy that parks in front of the net to put home rebounds. Whether it’s his age, skills, or Dale Hunter not liking what he sees out of him, Knuble is handling things well. Some veterans would raise hell about a demotion, but with the Caps starting to turn things around Knuble is doing right by his teammates.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (61)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)