Jan 3, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
Green has been out since November 11 with a tough groin injury. Green originally hurt his ankle in late October and missed nearly a month with that injury. Upon his return in November, he played in just the one game on the 11th before hurting his groin.
Now he returns to a Caps team that looks like it’s starting to get things turned around in the right direction. With Alex Ovechkin scoring goals and leading the offense while the defense and goaltending are stiffening up, Green’s return could be the spark their offense and defense needs to begin yet another second half run to the playoffs.
With Green back in the lineup, that could mean bad things for Jeff Schultz on the back line. Schultz has had a rough season seeing himself wind up a healthy scratch on occasion and with Dmitry Orlov playing well, Schultz shapes up to be the odd man out. Then again, Dale Hunter could choose to go with seven defensemen as well just to be different.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)