Jan 3, 2012, 9:06 PM EDT
In a lead that we could have repeatedly recycled over the last few years, the Anaheim Ducks and Toronto Maple Leafs made yet another trade. This time, the Leafs sent oft-injured prospect Luca Caputi to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for disappointing youngster Nicolas Deschamps. What are the odds that Brian Burke and Bob Murray have each other on speed dial?
Both prospects have had a tough 2011-12 season in the AHL this year. Deschamps, who was a highly-touted 2nd round pick from the 2008 draft, has struggled with only seven points in 31 games this season. Likewise, Caputi has struggled with injuries and only has three points in 21 points. Both teams will hope the left wing swap will light a fire under the pair of prospects that have been underwhelming through their professional careers thus far.
Hopefully for Ducks fans sanity, this trade goes a little better than that Francois Beauchemin for Jake Gardiner and Joffrey Lupul trade in February. That isn’t really working out so well for the struggling Ducks.
The best part about the trade? They both get to play against their former teams as the Syracuse Crunch and Toronto Marlies faceoff tonight. Awkward.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)