Jan 3, 2012, 1:11 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that Florida Panthers tough guy Krys Barch will speak with the NHL regarding his alleged racial slur toward Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban at 3 p.m. ET today. Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan.
That doesn’t guarantee that word will surface today about a fine, suspension and fine or no additional punishment. The sense of urgency is a bit more limited since the Panthers’ next game is on Thursday.
Then again, considering the sensitive nature of the situation, the league may very well announce its decision tonight.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55