Jan 3, 2012, 1:11 PM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that Florida Panthers tough guy Krys Barch will speak with the NHL regarding his alleged racial slur toward Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban at 3 p.m. ET today. Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan.
That doesn’t guarantee that word will surface today about a fine, suspension and fine or no additional punishment. The sense of urgency is a bit more limited since the Panthers’ next game is on Thursday.
Then again, considering the sensitive nature of the situation, the league may very well announce its decision tonight.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35