Jan 3, 2012, 1:11 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that Florida Panthers tough guy Krys Barch will speak with the NHL regarding his alleged racial slur toward Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban at 3 p.m. ET today. Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan.
That doesn’t guarantee that word will surface today about a fine, suspension and fine or no additional punishment. The sense of urgency is a bit more limited since the Panthers’ next game is on Thursday.
Then again, considering the sensitive nature of the situation, the league may very well announce its decision tonight.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)