Jan 3, 2012, 1:11 PM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that Florida Panthers tough guy Krys Barch will speak with the NHL regarding his alleged racial slur toward Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban at 3 p.m. ET today. Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan.
That doesn’t guarantee that word will surface today about a fine, suspension and fine or no additional punishment. The sense of urgency is a bit more limited since the Panthers’ next game is on Thursday.
Then again, considering the sensitive nature of the situation, the league may very well announce its decision tonight.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)