Jan 3, 2012, 1:11 PM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that Florida Panthers tough guy Krys Barch will speak with the NHL regarding his alleged racial slur toward Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban at 3 p.m. ET today. Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan.
That doesn’t guarantee that word will surface today about a fine, suspension and fine or no additional punishment. The sense of urgency is a bit more limited since the Panthers’ next game is on Thursday.
Then again, considering the sensitive nature of the situation, the league may very well announce its decision tonight.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)