Jan 2, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Earlier today, PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough spoke with CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio to preview the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic from Citizens Bank Park.
The topic du jour was — predictably — the Flyers’ goaltending situation with Sergei Bobrovsky getting and Ilya Bryzgalov backing him up, though there were plenty of other intriguing storylines: Claude Giroux‘s emergence, the impending physical battle and who has the edge today…the Flyers, with the Citizens Bank Park faithful cheering them on…or the Rangers, who have won six of seven to move atop the Atlantic Division?
If you’d like to chat during the game, visit NBC’s Winter Classic Extra livestream player for an interactive Q&A with Mike and Jason.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)