Jan 2, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Earlier today, PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough spoke with CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio to preview the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic from Citizens Bank Park.
The topic du jour was — predictably — the Flyers’ goaltending situation with Sergei Bobrovsky getting and Ilya Bryzgalov backing him up, though there were plenty of other intriguing storylines: Claude Giroux‘s emergence, the impending physical battle and who has the edge today…the Flyers, with the Citizens Bank Park faithful cheering them on…or the Rangers, who have won six of seven to move atop the Atlantic Division?
If you’d like to chat during the game, visit NBC’s Winter Classic Extra livestream player for an interactive Q&A with Mike and Jason.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 49
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)