Jan 2, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Earlier today, PHT’s Mike Halford and Jason Brough spoke with CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio to preview the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic from Citizens Bank Park.
The topic du jour was — predictably — the Flyers’ goaltending situation with Sergei Bobrovsky getting and Ilya Bryzgalov backing him up, though there were plenty of other intriguing storylines: Claude Giroux‘s emergence, the impending physical battle and who has the edge today…the Flyers, with the Citizens Bank Park faithful cheering them on…or the Rangers, who have won six of seven to move atop the Atlantic Division?
If you’d like to chat during the game, visit NBC’s Winter Classic Extra livestream player for an interactive Q&A with Mike and Jason.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)