Jan 2, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Courtesy the Associated Press:
The two clashed during a one-on-one drill. Both dropped their gloves and threw punches until Josh Gorges and other teammates stepped in to stop it.
No big punches landed, neither player was hurt, and both players stayed on the ice as practice resumed.
The Habs (14-18-7) have just one win in their last eight and sit well back of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their next game is Wednesday at home to the Jets.
That Subban was involved in the altercation won’t come as a surprise. The 22-year-old defenseman isn’t shy about…well, anything. Whether it was a simmering feud that boiled over or just one of those spur-of-the-moment things is the big unknown. The Habs will likely say it was the latter, even if it was the former.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)