Jan 2, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
Courtesy the Associated Press:
The two clashed during a one-on-one drill. Both dropped their gloves and threw punches until Josh Gorges and other teammates stepped in to stop it.
No big punches landed, neither player was hurt, and both players stayed on the ice as practice resumed.
The Habs (14-18-7) have just one win in their last eight and sit well back of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their next game is Wednesday at home to the Jets.
That Subban was involved in the altercation won’t come as a surprise. The 22-year-old defenseman isn’t shy about…well, anything. Whether it was a simmering feud that boiled over or just one of those spur-of-the-moment things is the big unknown. The Habs will likely say it was the latter, even if it was the former.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)