Jan 2, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Courtesy the Associated Press:
The two clashed during a one-on-one drill. Both dropped their gloves and threw punches until Josh Gorges and other teammates stepped in to stop it.
No big punches landed, neither player was hurt, and both players stayed on the ice as practice resumed.
The Habs (14-18-7) have just one win in their last eight and sit well back of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their next game is Wednesday at home to the Jets.
That Subban was involved in the altercation won’t come as a surprise. The 22-year-old defenseman isn’t shy about…well, anything. Whether it was a simmering feud that boiled over or just one of those spur-of-the-moment things is the big unknown. The Habs will likely say it was the latter, even if it was the former.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 1
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)