Jan 2, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Courtesy the Associated Press:
The two clashed during a one-on-one drill. Both dropped their gloves and threw punches until Josh Gorges and other teammates stepped in to stop it.
No big punches landed, neither player was hurt, and both players stayed on the ice as practice resumed.
The Habs (14-18-7) have just one win in their last eight and sit well back of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Their next game is Wednesday at home to the Jets.
That Subban was involved in the altercation won’t come as a surprise. The 22-year-old defenseman isn’t shy about…well, anything. Whether it was a simmering feud that boiled over or just one of those spur-of-the-moment things is the big unknown. The Habs will likely say it was the latter, even if it was the former.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)