Jan 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Say hello to NBC Sports Network.
With a new name, NBCSN kicks things off tonight in a big way at 4 p.m. with NBC Sports Talk and return to the Winter Classic on NHL Live following that.
At 6 p.m. ET, you’ll see the debut of Summit Series ’72: Cold War On Ice featuring Canada and the Soviet Union. The new film features a ton of never before seen pictures and footage of the legendary on-ice war between the hockey superpowers.
Following that at 8 p.m. is a Western Conference rematch between San Jose and Vancouver. The Canucks have returned to form as one of the West’s best teams and looking for a bit more respect while the Sharks are looking to take a piece out of the team that crushed their Stanley Cup hopes last season.
It’s a big night of action to kick off a whole new world of sports programming.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)