Jan 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Say hello to NBC Sports Network.
With a new name, NBCSN kicks things off tonight in a big way at 4 p.m. with NBC Sports Talk and return to the Winter Classic on NHL Live following that.
At 6 p.m. ET, you’ll see the debut of Summit Series ’72: Cold War On Ice featuring Canada and the Soviet Union. The new film features a ton of never before seen pictures and footage of the legendary on-ice war between the hockey superpowers.
Following that at 8 p.m. is a Western Conference rematch between San Jose and Vancouver. The Canucks have returned to form as one of the West’s best teams and looking for a bit more respect while the Sharks are looking to take a piece out of the team that crushed their Stanley Cup hopes last season.
It’s a big night of action to kick off a whole new world of sports programming.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 6
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)