Jan 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Say hello to NBC Sports Network.
With a new name, NBCSN kicks things off tonight in a big way at 4 p.m. with NBC Sports Talk and return to the Winter Classic on NHL Live following that.
At 6 p.m. ET, you’ll see the debut of Summit Series ’72: Cold War On Ice featuring Canada and the Soviet Union. The new film features a ton of never before seen pictures and footage of the legendary on-ice war between the hockey superpowers.
Following that at 8 p.m. is a Western Conference rematch between San Jose and Vancouver. The Canucks have returned to form as one of the West’s best teams and looking for a bit more respect while the Sharks are looking to take a piece out of the team that crushed their Stanley Cup hopes last season.
It’s a big night of action to kick off a whole new world of sports programming.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10