Jan 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Say hello to NBC Sports Network.
With a new name, NBCSN kicks things off tonight in a big way at 4 p.m. with NBC Sports Talk and return to the Winter Classic on NHL Live following that.
At 6 p.m. ET, you’ll see the debut of Summit Series ’72: Cold War On Ice featuring Canada and the Soviet Union. The new film features a ton of never before seen pictures and footage of the legendary on-ice war between the hockey superpowers.
Following that at 8 p.m. is a Western Conference rematch between San Jose and Vancouver. The Canucks have returned to form as one of the West’s best teams and looking for a bit more respect while the Sharks are looking to take a piece out of the team that crushed their Stanley Cup hopes last season.
It’s a big night of action to kick off a whole new world of sports programming.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)