Jan 2, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Say hello to NBC Sports Network.
With a new name, NBCSN kicks things off tonight in a big way at 4 p.m. with NBC Sports Talk and return to the Winter Classic on NHL Live following that.
At 6 p.m. ET, you’ll see the debut of Summit Series ’72: Cold War On Ice featuring Canada and the Soviet Union. The new film features a ton of never before seen pictures and footage of the legendary on-ice war between the hockey superpowers.
Following that at 8 p.m. is a Western Conference rematch between San Jose and Vancouver. The Canucks have returned to form as one of the West’s best teams and looking for a bit more respect while the Sharks are looking to take a piece out of the team that crushed their Stanley Cup hopes last season.
It’s a big night of action to kick off a whole new world of sports programming.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (58)