Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
With the Winter Classic dominating the NHL’s dealings today and the Florida Panthers out of action until Thursday, Krys Barch‘s hearing will come on Tuesday, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald. Barch was tossed from Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens after allegedly using a racial slur toward P.K. Subban.
Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan on Jan. 3.
The Panthers acquired Barch in a trade with the Dallas Stars on Dec. 7. He was able to practice on Monday and nearly injured Tomas Kopecky with an accidental hit, according to Richards.
For an abbreviated history of racially-charged incidents in the NHL – including instances when suspensions or fines took place – check out this post from the preseason.
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 0
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 27
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona