Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
With the Winter Classic dominating the NHL’s dealings today and the Florida Panthers out of action until Thursday, Krys Barch‘s hearing will come on Tuesday, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald. Barch was tossed from Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens after allegedly using a racial slur toward P.K. Subban.
Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan on Jan. 3.
The Panthers acquired Barch in a trade with the Dallas Stars on Dec. 7. He was able to practice on Monday and nearly injured Tomas Kopecky with an accidental hit, according to Richards.
For an abbreviated history of racially-charged incidents in the NHL – including instances when suspensions or fines took place – check out this post from the preseason.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)