Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EST
With the Winter Classic dominating the NHL’s dealings today and the Florida Panthers out of action until Thursday, Krys Barch‘s hearing will come on Tuesday, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald. Barch was tossed from Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens after allegedly using a racial slur toward P.K. Subban.
Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan on Jan. 3.
The Panthers acquired Barch in a trade with the Dallas Stars on Dec. 7. He was able to practice on Monday and nearly injured Tomas Kopecky with an accidental hit, according to Richards.
For an abbreviated history of racially-charged incidents in the NHL – including instances when suspensions or fines took place – check out this post from the preseason.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 1
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 2
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15