Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
With the Winter Classic dominating the NHL’s dealings today and the Florida Panthers out of action until Thursday, Krys Barch‘s hearing will come on Tuesday, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald. Barch was tossed from Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens after allegedly using a racial slur toward P.K. Subban.
Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan on Jan. 3.
The Panthers acquired Barch in a trade with the Dallas Stars on Dec. 7. He was able to practice on Monday and nearly injured Tomas Kopecky with an accidental hit, according to Richards.
For an abbreviated history of racially-charged incidents in the NHL – including instances when suspensions or fines took place – check out this post from the preseason.
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 44
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)