Jan 2, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
With the Winter Classic dominating the NHL’s dealings today and the Florida Panthers out of action until Thursday, Krys Barch‘s hearing will come on Tuesday, according to George Richards of the Miami Herald. Barch was tossed from Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens after allegedly using a racial slur toward P.K. Subban.
Barch will speak with Colin Campbell rather than Brendan Shanahan on Jan. 3.
The Panthers acquired Barch in a trade with the Dallas Stars on Dec. 7. He was able to practice on Monday and nearly injured Tomas Kopecky with an accidental hit, according to Richards.
For an abbreviated history of racially-charged incidents in the NHL – including instances when suspensions or fines took place – check out this post from the preseason.
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)