Jan 2, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
Concussion recovery is a fickle thing, but Carolina’s Jeff Skinner seems to be doing a bit better.
The Hurricanes heartthrob and former top scorer returned to practice with the team today after going out of action since December 7 against Edmonton. Skinner tells Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer that it was great to get back out on the ice.
“It was pretty good. I haven’t been out there with that many bodies, that much noise, kind of moving around. I wasn’t sure how I was going to react with all that noise, that emotion. It was good.”
Since that December 7 game, the Hurricanes have gone 4-6-0 without Skinner. The Hurricanes weren’t faring much better with him in the lineup, but for a team struggling that bad losing a guy that good is just a kick in the shins. Getting Skinner back to action eventually will help the Hurricanes perhaps not be the worst team in the Eastern Conference.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)