Jan 2, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
Concussion recovery is a fickle thing, but Carolina’s Jeff Skinner seems to be doing a bit better.
The Hurricanes heartthrob and former top scorer returned to practice with the team today after going out of action since December 7 against Edmonton. Skinner tells Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer that it was great to get back out on the ice.
“It was pretty good. I haven’t been out there with that many bodies, that much noise, kind of moving around. I wasn’t sure how I was going to react with all that noise, that emotion. It was good.”
Since that December 7 game, the Hurricanes have gone 4-6-0 without Skinner. The Hurricanes weren’t faring much better with him in the lineup, but for a team struggling that bad losing a guy that good is just a kick in the shins. Getting Skinner back to action eventually will help the Hurricanes perhaps not be the worst team in the Eastern Conference.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 2
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)