Jan 2, 2012, 9:19 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers dropped a narrow and hard-fought 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers in the 2012 Winter Classic. That stings, but ultimately two points lost wouldn’t hurt as much as losing Jaromir Jagr for an extended amount of time.
It appears that there is good news on that front, as Jagr told Sam Carchidi and other media members that he “won’t be out long” after aggravating a calf injury. In fact, there’s a chance that Jagr could play in the Flyers’ next game on Thursday, but he’ll be listed as day-to-day for now.
Jagr has enjoyed a tremendous return to the NHL, but he’s had his bumps and bruises. He was hampered by a groin injury earlier this season, yet he’s played in 33 of Philly’s 37 games while collecting an impressive 31 points.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
Click for a surprising stat about the 31-year-old forward.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
Weather forecast looking good, too.
Dec 22, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Dec 22, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
As the quote suggests, he’s feeling better.
Dec 22, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
“He’s 21 years old. I think we’re getting a lot out of a 21 year-old defenseman right now.”
Dec 22, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Signs with HC Slovan Bratislava.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Have won eight straight at home, but must travel to Anaheim tonight.
Dec 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“Is it true? I don’t know.”
Dec 22, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
After teammates Travis Zajac and Adam Larsson both had them.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Oh no, not this again.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Will GM Chuck Fletcher do anything about it?
Dec 22, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Kings’ center broke out of his slump in a major way.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
“I talked with Dallas and they think it’s a good experience for me to play for my country and play for the national team.”
Dec 22, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Connor McDavid and Sam Reinhart will be the alternates.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Lots of pressure on the Bruins and Leafs.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Will Willie Mitchell and Kris Letang square off again tonight in Florida?
Dec 22, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
“I’ve used almost every strategy I’ve got, and I love him.”
Dec 22, 2014, 9:42 AM EST
Volpatti will return to the long-term injured reserve list.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
Brian Gionta was injured as a result of the blow.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8