Jan 2, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
Not too warm. Not too cold. The temperature for today’s Winter Classic (3 p.m. ET) in Philadelphia is just right. The wind, however, might be an issue.
As you can see by the flags at Citizens Bank Park, the wind is blowing pretty good. The stands will provide some shelter, as will the glass around the rink. But a few gusts are bound to find the ice surface. Hopefully they don’t knock Danny Briere over.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31