Jan 2, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
Not too warm. Not too cold. The temperature for today’s Winter Classic (3 p.m. ET) in Philadelphia is just right. The wind, however, might be an issue.
As you can see by the flags at Citizens Bank Park, the wind is blowing pretty good. The stands will provide some shelter, as will the glass around the rink. But a few gusts are bound to find the ice surface. Hopefully they don’t knock Danny Briere over.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22