Jan 2, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT
Not too warm. Not too cold. The temperature for today’s Winter Classic (3 p.m. ET) in Philadelphia is just right. The wind, however, might be an issue.
As you can see by the flags at Citizens Bank Park, the wind is blowing pretty good. The stands will provide some shelter, as will the glass around the rink. But a few gusts are bound to find the ice surface. Hopefully they don’t knock Danny Briere over.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5