Jan 2, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
On the same night that Raffi Torres received what will probably be an ineffective two-game suspension, Daniel Carcillo delivered a discipline-worthy check of his own. The Chicago Blackhawks pest caught Tom Gilbert from behind with the ugly hit you can see as part of the highlights below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Much like Torres, Carcillo is quite familiar with being sent to the NHL’s version of the principal’s office. He’s already been suspended five times in his trouble-making career and one can only imagine how many other times he barely avoided a similar fate. Should he get a suspension, fine or nothing at all after receiving a five-minute penalty and game misconduct for his latest example of poor judgment?
This could be an awfully costly night to the falling Edmonton Oilers if Gilbert’s injury is serious considering the fact that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins left Monday’s game with an undisclosed injury. More on that later.
(Interestingly enough, this isn’t the first time Carcillo caught Gilbert with a big hit behind the net as this was the first check that came up in a Google search.)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)