Jan 2, 2012, 10:32 PM EDT
On the same night that Raffi Torres received what will probably be an ineffective two-game suspension, Daniel Carcillo delivered a discipline-worthy check of his own. The Chicago Blackhawks pest caught Tom Gilbert from behind with the ugly hit you can see as part of the highlights below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Much like Torres, Carcillo is quite familiar with being sent to the NHL’s version of the principal’s office. He’s already been suspended five times in his trouble-making career and one can only imagine how many other times he barely avoided a similar fate. Should he get a suspension, fine or nothing at all after receiving a five-minute penalty and game misconduct for his latest example of poor judgment?
This could be an awfully costly night to the falling Edmonton Oilers if Gilbert’s injury is serious considering the fact that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins left Monday’s game with an undisclosed injury. More on that later.
(Interestingly enough, this isn’t the first time Carcillo caught Gilbert with a big hit behind the net as this was the first check that came up in a Google search.)
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)