Jan 2, 2012, 10:32 PM EST
On the same night that Raffi Torres received what will probably be an ineffective two-game suspension, Daniel Carcillo delivered a discipline-worthy check of his own. The Chicago Blackhawks pest caught Tom Gilbert from behind with the ugly hit you can see as part of the highlights below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Much like Torres, Carcillo is quite familiar with being sent to the NHL’s version of the principal’s office. He’s already been suspended five times in his trouble-making career and one can only imagine how many other times he barely avoided a similar fate. Should he get a suspension, fine or nothing at all after receiving a five-minute penalty and game misconduct for his latest example of poor judgment?
This could be an awfully costly night to the falling Edmonton Oilers if Gilbert’s injury is serious considering the fact that Ryan Nugent-Hopkins left Monday’s game with an undisclosed injury. More on that later.
(Interestingly enough, this isn’t the first time Carcillo caught Gilbert with a big hit behind the net as this was the first check that came up in a Google search.)
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11