Jan 1, 2012, 5:55 PM EST
While the 2012 Winter Classic will start a couple hours later at 3 p.m. ET to give the game better conditions to play, there aren’t any concerns over the ice.
Coach John Tortorella made sure that if anyone does complain about the ice, it won’t be traced back to him.
“It wasn’t bad. It wasn’t bad. It’s not going to be perfect. They have worked very hard at it, and so both teams are going to skate on the ice. Both teams did the same thing today with their families. Both teams have gone through the same thing the past month. So let’s just play.”
Yes, sir, let’s do this.
Rangers forward Artem Anisimov also gave the ice a big thumbs up.
“Ice? It’s good ice. It’s hard ice. I like it. It’s going to be a fun game tomorrow.”
Philly’s Maxime Talbot also was feeling good about the ice and considering he played in last year’s Winter Classic, he knows how tough it can get.
“The ice condition has been like pretty good and fun. It’s a special event and I think everything that surrounds the event is great and we feel privileged to be part of this game.”
Comparing how the ice in Pittsburgh was last year, which was hampered by rain and warm temperatures, this year’s game is shaping up to be just fine.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)