Jan 1, 2012, 5:55 PM EDT
While the 2012 Winter Classic will start a couple hours later at 3 p.m. ET to give the game better conditions to play, there aren’t any concerns over the ice.
Coach John Tortorella made sure that if anyone does complain about the ice, it won’t be traced back to him.
“It wasn’t bad. It wasn’t bad. It’s not going to be perfect. They have worked very hard at it, and so both teams are going to skate on the ice. Both teams did the same thing today with their families. Both teams have gone through the same thing the past month. So let’s just play.”
Yes, sir, let’s do this.
Rangers forward Artem Anisimov also gave the ice a big thumbs up.
“Ice? It’s good ice. It’s hard ice. I like it. It’s going to be a fun game tomorrow.”
Philly’s Maxime Talbot also was feeling good about the ice and considering he played in last year’s Winter Classic, he knows how tough it can get.
“The ice condition has been like pretty good and fun. It’s a special event and I think everything that surrounds the event is great and we feel privileged to be part of this game.”
Comparing how the ice in Pittsburgh was last year, which was hampered by rain and warm temperatures, this year’s game is shaping up to be just fine.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 5
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 28
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 87
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games