Jan 1, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Happy Groundhog Day! NHL.com is reporting that Coyotes forward Raffi Torres will face a disciplinary hearing Monday morning in response to his hit on Wild defenseman Nate Prosser during Saturday’s game in Minnesota.
Here’s the latest controversial Torres hit:
Not the best video, but probably enough for Brendan Shanahan to send a message. A message that Torres might actually heed this time. Though probably not.
Torres was only just fined $2,500 for elbowing Colorado defenseman Jan Hejda on Thursday. He also elbowed Boston’s Andrew Ference on Wednesday, though no supplemental discipline was handed out by the NHL.
/punches Ned Ryerson
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 18
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)