Jan 1, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Happy Groundhog Day! NHL.com is reporting that Coyotes forward Raffi Torres will face a disciplinary hearing Monday morning in response to his hit on Wild defenseman Nate Prosser during Saturday’s game in Minnesota.
Here’s the latest controversial Torres hit:
Not the best video, but probably enough for Brendan Shanahan to send a message. A message that Torres might actually heed this time. Though probably not.
Torres was only just fined $2,500 for elbowing Colorado defenseman Jan Hejda on Thursday. He also elbowed Boston’s Andrew Ference on Wednesday, though no supplemental discipline was handed out by the NHL.
/punches Ned Ryerson
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12