Jan 1, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Happy Groundhog Day! NHL.com is reporting that Coyotes forward Raffi Torres will face a disciplinary hearing Monday morning in response to his hit on Wild defenseman Nate Prosser during Saturday’s game in Minnesota.
Here’s the latest controversial Torres hit:
Not the best video, but probably enough for Brendan Shanahan to send a message. A message that Torres might actually heed this time. Though probably not.
Torres was only just fined $2,500 for elbowing Colorado defenseman Jan Hejda on Thursday. He also elbowed Boston’s Andrew Ference on Wednesday, though no supplemental discipline was handed out by the NHL.
/punches Ned Ryerson
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 55
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)