Jan 1, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Happy Groundhog Day! NHL.com is reporting that Coyotes forward Raffi Torres will face a disciplinary hearing Monday morning in response to his hit on Wild defenseman Nate Prosser during Saturday’s game in Minnesota.
Here’s the latest controversial Torres hit:
Not the best video, but probably enough for Brendan Shanahan to send a message. A message that Torres might actually heed this time. Though probably not.
Torres was only just fined $2,500 for elbowing Colorado defenseman Jan Hejda on Thursday. He also elbowed Boston’s Andrew Ference on Wednesday, though no supplemental discipline was handed out by the NHL.
/punches Ned Ryerson
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)