Jan 1, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
Happy Groundhog Day! NHL.com is reporting that Coyotes forward Raffi Torres will face a disciplinary hearing Monday morning in response to his hit on Wild defenseman Nate Prosser during Saturday’s game in Minnesota.
Here’s the latest controversial Torres hit:
Not the best video, but probably enough for Brendan Shanahan to send a message. A message that Torres might actually heed this time. Though probably not.
Torres was only just fined $2,500 for elbowing Colorado defenseman Jan Hejda on Thursday. He also elbowed Boston’s Andrew Ference on Wednesday, though no supplemental discipline was handed out by the NHL.
/punches Ned Ryerson
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)