Jan 1, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
Unlike the Flyers’ practice this morning, John Tortorella and the Rangers had no surprises after Rangers practice today.
Tortorella said that he’ll be going with the same lineup the Rangers have been rolling with lately and that Henrik Lundqvist would get the start in goal. The one issue that may come up tomorrow is the health of Ryan McDonagh.
McDonagh left the ice before practice feeling a bit under the weather. Tortorella says McDonagh is feeling fine, however and that he’ll be ready to go tomorrow afternoon.
After seeing the mayhem that ensued with Philadelphia this morning thanks to Ilya Bryzgalov, having the Rangers do things so straightforward and no-nonsense sets things up nicely to have it be a true battle of opposite personalities.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)