Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
The start time for tomorrow’s Winter Classic has been moved to 3 p.m. ET. The game between the Flyers and Rangers at Citizens Bank Park was originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, but it’s hoped a later start time will allow for optimal ice conditions.
NBC’s coverage of the Winter Classic will still commence at 1 p.m. ET.
Monday’s weather forecast is mostly sunny, with highs of 41. The temperature, which promises to be considerably lower than it was Saturday for the alumni game, should begin to fall once the puck is dropped at 3 p.m. ET.
The Flyers skating this morning at Citizens Bank Park, with the ice surface drawing decent reviews.
“It actually wasn’t that bad,” said Harry Zolnierczyk, as per Philadelphia Sports Daily. “A little slow, it felt like. Definitely a different feel. The puck wasn’t moving as quick, but both teams are gonna be on it, so we’re gonna be dealing with the same thing.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54