Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The start time for tomorrow’s Winter Classic has been moved to 3 p.m. ET. The game between the Flyers and Rangers at Citizens Bank Park was originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, but it’s hoped a later start time will allow for optimal ice conditions.
NBC’s coverage of the Winter Classic will still commence at 1 p.m. ET.
Monday’s weather forecast is mostly sunny, with highs of 41. The temperature, which promises to be considerably lower than it was Saturday for the alumni game, should begin to fall once the puck is dropped at 3 p.m. ET.
The Flyers skating this morning at Citizens Bank Park, with the ice surface drawing decent reviews.
“It actually wasn’t that bad,” said Harry Zolnierczyk, as per Philadelphia Sports Daily. “A little slow, it felt like. Definitely a different feel. The puck wasn’t moving as quick, but both teams are gonna be on it, so we’re gonna be dealing with the same thing.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)