Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The start time for tomorrow’s Winter Classic has been moved to 3 p.m. ET. The game between the Flyers and Rangers at Citizens Bank Park was originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, but it’s hoped a later start time will allow for optimal ice conditions.
NBC’s coverage of the Winter Classic will still commence at 1 p.m. ET.
Monday’s weather forecast is mostly sunny, with highs of 41. The temperature, which promises to be considerably lower than it was Saturday for the alumni game, should begin to fall once the puck is dropped at 3 p.m. ET.
The Flyers skating this morning at Citizens Bank Park, with the ice surface drawing decent reviews.
“It actually wasn’t that bad,” said Harry Zolnierczyk, as per Philadelphia Sports Daily. “A little slow, it felt like. Definitely a different feel. The puck wasn’t moving as quick, but both teams are gonna be on it, so we’re gonna be dealing with the same thing.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)