Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The start time for tomorrow’s Winter Classic has been moved to 3 p.m. ET. The game between the Flyers and Rangers at Citizens Bank Park was originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, but it’s hoped a later start time will allow for optimal ice conditions.
NBC’s coverage of the Winter Classic will still commence at 1 p.m. ET.
Monday’s weather forecast is mostly sunny, with highs of 41. The temperature, which promises to be considerably lower than it was Saturday for the alumni game, should begin to fall once the puck is dropped at 3 p.m. ET.
The Flyers skating this morning at Citizens Bank Park, with the ice surface drawing decent reviews.
“It actually wasn’t that bad,” said Harry Zolnierczyk, as per Philadelphia Sports Daily. “A little slow, it felt like. Definitely a different feel. The puck wasn’t moving as quick, but both teams are gonna be on it, so we’re gonna be dealing with the same thing.”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 6
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36