Jan 1, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
The start time for tomorrow’s Winter Classic has been moved to 3 p.m. ET. The game between the Flyers and Rangers at Citizens Bank Park was originally scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, but it’s hoped a later start time will allow for optimal ice conditions.
NBC’s coverage of the Winter Classic will still commence at 1 p.m. ET.
Monday’s weather forecast is mostly sunny, with highs of 41. The temperature, which promises to be considerably lower than it was Saturday for the alumni game, should begin to fall once the puck is dropped at 3 p.m. ET.
The Flyers skating this morning at Citizens Bank Park, with the ice surface drawing decent reviews.
“It actually wasn’t that bad,” said Harry Zolnierczyk, as per Philadelphia Sports Daily. “A little slow, it felt like. Definitely a different feel. The puck wasn’t moving as quick, but both teams are gonna be on it, so we’re gonna be dealing with the same thing.”
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)