Jan 1, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
Laviolette quickly followed up Bryzgalov’s brash announcement this morning saying he had yet to speak to the goalies, but he would soon and announce a starter later today.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio suspects that Flyers goalie coach Jeff Reese let the goalies know what was up and Bryzgalov ran with the new information. For what it’s worth, Sergei Bobrovsky didn’t say anything about whether he was starting or not.
If we’re going to be giving out insider information the chances we’ll trust Bryzgalov with that information are pretty slim.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)