Jan 1, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
Laviolette quickly followed up Bryzgalov’s brash announcement this morning saying he had yet to speak to the goalies, but he would soon and announce a starter later today.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio suspects that Flyers goalie coach Jeff Reese let the goalies know what was up and Bryzgalov ran with the new information. For what it’s worth, Sergei Bobrovsky didn’t say anything about whether he was starting or not.
If we’re going to be giving out insider information the chances we’ll trust Bryzgalov with that information are pretty slim.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)