Jan 1, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
Laviolette quickly followed up Bryzgalov’s brash announcement this morning saying he had yet to speak to the goalies, but he would soon and announce a starter later today.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio suspects that Flyers goalie coach Jeff Reese let the goalies know what was up and Bryzgalov ran with the new information. For what it’s worth, Sergei Bobrovsky didn’t say anything about whether he was starting or not.
If we’re going to be giving out insider information the chances we’ll trust Bryzgalov with that information are pretty slim.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 5
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (97)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)