Jan 1, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
The universe might be humongous but the net still only has room for one guy, and for the Winter Classic that won’t be Ilya Bryzgalov.
Bryzgalov noted after Flyers practice this morning that he won’t be getting the start, instead it’ll be up to Sergei Bobrovsky to carry the Flyers. Bryzgalov has not played well of late and after becoming the most interesting guy to watch on HBO’s 24/7 now he’ll become the dramatic figure who loses his job.
Bobrovsky got the start in Philly’s last game against Pittsburgh, playing well in a 4-2 win over the Penguins. He’s played strongly of late and coach Peter Laviolette riding the hot hand and rewarding the guy who’s playing well makes plenty of sense. Now we’ll get to see how Bobrovsky handles the spotlight of being “the man” even for just one very high profile game.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)