Jan 1, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
The universe might be humongous but the net still only has room for one guy, and for the Winter Classic that won’t be Ilya Bryzgalov.
Bryzgalov noted after Flyers practice this morning that he won’t be getting the start, instead it’ll be up to Sergei Bobrovsky to carry the Flyers. Bryzgalov has not played well of late and after becoming the most interesting guy to watch on HBO’s 24/7 now he’ll become the dramatic figure who loses his job.
Bobrovsky got the start in Philly’s last game against Pittsburgh, playing well in a 4-2 win over the Penguins. He’s played strongly of late and coach Peter Laviolette riding the hot hand and rewarding the guy who’s playing well makes plenty of sense. Now we’ll get to see how Bobrovsky handles the spotlight of being “the man” even for just one very high profile game.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40