Dec 31, 2011, 10:44 AM EDT
The headline really says it all.
During the first period of Washington’s victory over Buffalo, a scrum ensued near the Buffalo net and Jason Chimera threw down with Buffalo defenseman Mike Weber. After the two combatants were pulled off each other and off the ice, Miller obviously had some not-so nice words for Chimera.
Chimera decided to take matters into his own hands. Or rather his own middle finger giving Miller the satisfaction of being told he’s No. 1.
Apparently it’s also open season on being mean to goalies in ways other than running them over. The guys at Hockeyfights.com have the video showing off Chimera’s work with his fists and his digits.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 2
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)