Dec 31, 2011, 10:44 AM EDT
The headline really says it all.
During the first period of Washington’s victory over Buffalo, a scrum ensued near the Buffalo net and Jason Chimera threw down with Buffalo defenseman Mike Weber. After the two combatants were pulled off each other and off the ice, Miller obviously had some not-so nice words for Chimera.
Chimera decided to take matters into his own hands. Or rather his own middle finger giving Miller the satisfaction of being told he’s No. 1.
Apparently it’s also open season on being mean to goalies in ways other than running them over. The guys at Hockeyfights.com have the video showing off Chimera’s work with his fists and his digits.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)