Dec 31, 2011, 10:44 AM EDT
The headline really says it all.
During the first period of Washington’s victory over Buffalo, a scrum ensued near the Buffalo net and Jason Chimera threw down with Buffalo defenseman Mike Weber. After the two combatants were pulled off each other and off the ice, Miller obviously had some not-so nice words for Chimera.
Chimera decided to take matters into his own hands. Or rather his own middle finger giving Miller the satisfaction of being told he’s No. 1.
Apparently it’s also open season on being mean to goalies in ways other than running them over. The guys at Hockeyfights.com have the video showing off Chimera’s work with his fists and his digits.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)