Dec 31, 2011, 5:13 PM EST
PHT braved the elements (there’s a sharp glare! The sunglasses do nothing!) to venture outside Citizens Bank Park prior to today’s Winter Classic alumni game featuring Dan Blackburn and others. There were lots of tailgaters in the parking lots, lots of booze and one guy blatantly mocking Brough’s “soccer shoes,” to which Brough responded by falling to the ground and faking an injury.
Anyway, we took some pictures. Here they are:
This is the spectator’s plaza. It’s a plaza where spectators can spectate…things. We didn’t go in; it was super crowded. You would not believe the number of people attending the alumni game (attendance: 45, 808.) Never underestimate the drawing power of Jim Dowd.
This is an artistic shot of a Flyers flag flying over Citizens Bank Park. It’s very symbolic. (The gathering dark clouds would’ve been symbolic if something bad happened, but nothing bad ended up happening.)
Here’s a beautiful landscape shot of CBP, hordes of hockey fans and a guy in shorts rolling a shopping cart.
The guy wearing the Rangers jersey jumped in at the last second. He was greeted with a string of profanities not appropriate for this family-themed website. Frankly, they were borderline inappropriate for an adult-themed website.
Welcome to Philly, where your buddy knees you in the groin when you’re not looking.
Here’s how the conversation went:
Flyers fans: Hey, take our picture, we’re famous
PHT: How so?
Flyers fans: [EXPLETIVE] YOU, RANGERS SUCK.
Ahhh, ingenuity. These guys jerry-rigged five shot glasses onto a hockey stick, and the shot glasses were replaceable. It would’ve been the most sanitary tailgating experience ever…until the guy on the left said he had to go vomit.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 1
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 2
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)