Dec 31, 2011, 5:13 PM EST
PHT braved the elements (there’s a sharp glare! The sunglasses do nothing!) to venture outside Citizens Bank Park prior to today’s Winter Classic alumni game featuring Dan Blackburn and others. There were lots of tailgaters in the parking lots, lots of booze and one guy blatantly mocking Brough’s “soccer shoes,” to which Brough responded by falling to the ground and faking an injury.
Anyway, we took some pictures. Here they are:
This is the spectator’s plaza. It’s a plaza where spectators can spectate…things. We didn’t go in; it was super crowded. You would not believe the number of people attending the alumni game (attendance: 45, 808.) Never underestimate the drawing power of Jim Dowd.
This is an artistic shot of a Flyers flag flying over Citizens Bank Park. It’s very symbolic. (The gathering dark clouds would’ve been symbolic if something bad happened, but nothing bad ended up happening.)
Here’s a beautiful landscape shot of CBP, hordes of hockey fans and a guy in shorts rolling a shopping cart.
The guy wearing the Rangers jersey jumped in at the last second. He was greeted with a string of profanities not appropriate for this family-themed website. Frankly, they were borderline inappropriate for an adult-themed website.
Welcome to Philly, where your buddy knees you in the groin when you’re not looking.
Here’s how the conversation went:
Flyers fans: Hey, take our picture, we’re famous
PHT: How so?
Flyers fans: [EXPLETIVE] YOU, RANGERS SUCK.
Ahhh, ingenuity. These guys jerry-rigged five shot glasses onto a hockey stick, and the shot glasses were replaceable. It would’ve been the most sanitary tailgating experience ever…until the guy on the left said he had to go vomit.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (78)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (74)