Dec 31, 2011, 5:13 PM EST
PHT braved the elements (there’s a sharp glare! The sunglasses do nothing!) to venture outside Citizens Bank Park prior to today’s Winter Classic alumni game featuring Dan Blackburn and others. There were lots of tailgaters in the parking lots, lots of booze and one guy blatantly mocking Brough’s “soccer shoes,” to which Brough responded by falling to the ground and faking an injury.
Anyway, we took some pictures. Here they are:
This is the spectator’s plaza. It’s a plaza where spectators can spectate…things. We didn’t go in; it was super crowded. You would not believe the number of people attending the alumni game (attendance: 45, 808.) Never underestimate the drawing power of Jim Dowd.
This is an artistic shot of a Flyers flag flying over Citizens Bank Park. It’s very symbolic. (The gathering dark clouds would’ve been symbolic if something bad happened, but nothing bad ended up happening.)
Here’s a beautiful landscape shot of CBP, hordes of hockey fans and a guy in shorts rolling a shopping cart.
The guy wearing the Rangers jersey jumped in at the last second. He was greeted with a string of profanities not appropriate for this family-themed website. Frankly, they were borderline inappropriate for an adult-themed website.
Welcome to Philly, where your buddy knees you in the groin when you’re not looking.
Here’s how the conversation went:
Flyers fans: Hey, take our picture, we’re famous
PHT: How so?
Flyers fans: [EXPLETIVE] YOU, RANGERS SUCK.
Ahhh, ingenuity. These guys jerry-rigged five shot glasses onto a hockey stick, and the shot glasses were replaceable. It would’ve been the most sanitary tailgating experience ever…until the guy on the left said he had to go vomit.
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 0
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 5
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)