Dec 31, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
This just in — Raffi Torres is $2,500 poorer. The NHL has fined the Coyotes forward the maximum amount allowed under the CBA for an elbow on Colorado defenseman Jan Hejda during Thursday’s game in Denver.
Probably going to be a few people who think Torres deserves more than a fine, especially considering he’s been suspended before. And he controversially elbowed Boston’s Andrew Ference on Wednesday, though no supplemental discipline was handed out by the NHL.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53