Dec 31, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
This just in — Raffi Torres is $2,500 poorer. The NHL has fined the Coyotes forward the maximum amount allowed under the CBA for an elbow on Colorado defenseman Jan Hejda during Thursday’s game in Denver.
Probably going to be a few people who think Torres deserves more than a fine, especially considering he’s been suspended before. And he controversially elbowed Boston’s Andrew Ference on Wednesday, though no supplemental discipline was handed out by the NHL.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6