Dec 31, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
The fines stem from a late-game fracas in New York’s 4-1 win Friday night. Here’s the video:
The incident drew the ire of Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen.
“Some guy cross-checks you in the back and then follows through. He [Del Zotto] deserves a good smash in the face,” Dineen told the Miami Herald. “He got what he deserved.”
Kopecky was assessed a match penalty on the play (Del Zotto got a high-sticking minor), so a few eyebrows were raised when Kopecky avoided suspension.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 12
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 29
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11