Dec 31, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
The fines stem from a late-game fracas in New York’s 4-1 win Friday night. Here’s the video:
The incident drew the ire of Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen.
“Some guy cross-checks you in the back and then follows through. He [Del Zotto] deserves a good smash in the face,” Dineen told the Miami Herald. “He got what he deserved.”
Kopecky was assessed a match penalty on the play (Del Zotto got a high-sticking minor), so a few eyebrows were raised when Kopecky avoided suspension.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 6
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 26
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 71
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'