Dec 31, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Getting together for a reunion can sometimes be awkward, but for John LeClair, he can’t wait to team up with Eric Lindros one more time.
The former “Legion of Doom” linemates haven’t played together since the 1999-2000 season but in today’s Winter Class Alumni Game, LeClair tells Sarah Baicker of CSNPhilly.com that he can’t wait to lace ’em up one more time with his old friend.
“It’s going to be fun,” John LeClair said, of reuniting with Lindros. “It’s been a while since we played together. It’s a lot of good times and a lot of good memories. It’s great to see him. He’s a big part of Flyers history. He had a lot of great years. He did a lot of great things. He took us to a Stanley Cup in ’97. He was a big part of it.”
For as controversial as Lindros was through his career in Philly, he’s coming back to town like a conquering hero with the fans eager to go wild for him one more time. We can dream about seeing them lay the body and ripping things up today, but we’ll just have to rely on old highlights for that.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 38
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 100
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (100)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)