Dec 31, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Getting together for a reunion can sometimes be awkward, but for John LeClair, he can’t wait to team up with Eric Lindros one more time.
The former “Legion of Doom” linemates haven’t played together since the 1999-2000 season but in today’s Winter Class Alumni Game, LeClair tells Sarah Baicker of CSNPhilly.com that he can’t wait to lace ’em up one more time with his old friend.
“It’s going to be fun,” John LeClair said, of reuniting with Lindros. “It’s been a while since we played together. It’s a lot of good times and a lot of good memories. It’s great to see him. He’s a big part of Flyers history. He had a lot of great years. He did a lot of great things. He took us to a Stanley Cup in ’97. He was a big part of it.”
For as controversial as Lindros was through his career in Philly, he’s coming back to town like a conquering hero with the fans eager to go wild for him one more time. We can dream about seeing them lay the body and ripping things up today, but we’ll just have to rely on old highlights for that.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5