Dec 31, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Apparently Sutton wanted a bit more time off because the league will be looking into the late hit he delivered to Islanders John Tavares this afternoon. Tavares did leave the game momentarily but returned to action minutes later after being looked at.
What makes this a bit more awkward is the fact that Sutton told the Edmonton Sun he was going to do things a bit differently upon returning from his latest ban.
“You may see me make more hits with my back and butt as opposed to my elbows and shoulders. It seems to be the only way you cannot get suspended anymore.”
Looks like Sutton may have found a new way after all.
We’ll get video of the hit posted here when we can.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)