Dec 31, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
Apparently Sutton wanted a bit more time off because the league will be looking into the late hit he delivered to Islanders John Tavares this afternoon. Tavares did leave the game momentarily but returned to action minutes later after being looked at.
What makes this a bit more awkward is the fact that Sutton told the Edmonton Sun he was going to do things a bit differently upon returning from his latest ban.
“You may see me make more hits with my back and butt as opposed to my elbows and shoulders. It seems to be the only way you cannot get suspended anymore.”
Looks like Sutton may have found a new way after all.
We’ll get video of the hit posted here when we can.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)