Dec 31, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Apparently Sutton wanted a bit more time off because the league will be looking into the late hit he delivered to Islanders John Tavares this afternoon. Tavares did leave the game momentarily but returned to action minutes later after being looked at.
What makes this a bit more awkward is the fact that Sutton told the Edmonton Sun he was going to do things a bit differently upon returning from his latest ban.
“You may see me make more hits with my back and butt as opposed to my elbows and shoulders. It seems to be the only way you cannot get suspended anymore.”
Looks like Sutton may have found a new way after all.
We’ll get video of the hit posted here when we can.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)