Dec 31, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Apparently Sutton wanted a bit more time off because the league will be looking into the late hit he delivered to Islanders John Tavares this afternoon. Tavares did leave the game momentarily but returned to action minutes later after being looked at.
What makes this a bit more awkward is the fact that Sutton told the Edmonton Sun he was going to do things a bit differently upon returning from his latest ban.
“You may see me make more hits with my back and butt as opposed to my elbows and shoulders. It seems to be the only way you cannot get suspended anymore.”
Looks like Sutton may have found a new way after all.
We’ll get video of the hit posted here when we can.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 3
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 10
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 73
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (74)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)