Dec 30, 2011, 7:43 PM EDT
We here at PHT would like to wish Florida Panthers defenseman Mike Weaver a hearty congratulations for his new two-year contract worth $1.1 million per season. It’s a good deal for the Panthers who were able to lock-up a 20 minute per game defenseman for a low cap hit. From the player’s perspective, the deal offers a little more security for a guy that has bounced between four teams over the course of his decade long NHL career. It’s a win-win deal that pulls another potential free agent off the market this summer.
Good thing Weaver earned a new contract to keep a smile on his face, because Kris Versteeg helped him “celebrate” the occasion during a pregame interview. The ol’ shaving cream in the face gag never gets old. When was the last season that we saw the Florida Panthers having this much fun after almost 40 games?
Obvious guy says: Winning is fun.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)