Dec 30, 2011, 7:43 PM EDT
We here at PHT would like to wish Florida Panthers defenseman Mike Weaver a hearty congratulations for his new two-year contract worth $1.1 million per season. It’s a good deal for the Panthers who were able to lock-up a 20 minute per game defenseman for a low cap hit. From the player’s perspective, the deal offers a little more security for a guy that has bounced between four teams over the course of his decade long NHL career. It’s a win-win deal that pulls another potential free agent off the market this summer.
Good thing Weaver earned a new contract to keep a smile on his face, because Kris Versteeg helped him “celebrate” the occasion during a pregame interview. The ol’ shaving cream in the face gag never gets old. When was the last season that we saw the Florida Panthers having this much fun after almost 40 games?
Obvious guy says: Winning is fun.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)