Dec 30, 2011, 7:43 PM EDT
We here at PHT would like to wish Florida Panthers defenseman Mike Weaver a hearty congratulations for his new two-year contract worth $1.1 million per season. It’s a good deal for the Panthers who were able to lock-up a 20 minute per game defenseman for a low cap hit. From the player’s perspective, the deal offers a little more security for a guy that has bounced between four teams over the course of his decade long NHL career. It’s a win-win deal that pulls another potential free agent off the market this summer.
Good thing Weaver earned a new contract to keep a smile on his face, because Kris Versteeg helped him “celebrate” the occasion during a pregame interview. The ol’ shaving cream in the face gag never gets old. When was the last season that we saw the Florida Panthers having this much fun after almost 40 games?
Obvious guy says: Winning is fun.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 3
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 16
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (78)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)