Dec 30, 2011, 12:37 PM EST
The Blue Jackets’ worst fears for James Wisniewski‘s health were confirmed today.
Jackets GM Scott Howson tweeted that Wisniewski’s ankle is indeed broken but he will not need surgery to repair it, putting him out of action for the next six weeks. Wisniewski’s misfortune just piles on to the woes the Jackets are having this year. After spending part of the season without Jeff Carter, they’ll now do without their other big acquisition for an even longer spell.
It’ll now be up to the likes of John Moore, Aaron Johnson, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game and reduce the blow the team takes in not having Wisniewski’s special brand of offensive talent and nastiness on the ice. With how Columbus’ luck has run this year, that too will end in some brand of fiery hockey disaster.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)