Dec 30, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets’ worst fears for James Wisniewski‘s health were confirmed today.
Jackets GM Scott Howson tweeted that Wisniewski’s ankle is indeed broken but he will not need surgery to repair it, putting him out of action for the next six weeks. Wisniewski’s misfortune just piles on to the woes the Jackets are having this year. After spending part of the season without Jeff Carter, they’ll now do without their other big acquisition for an even longer spell.
It’ll now be up to the likes of John Moore, Aaron Johnson, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game and reduce the blow the team takes in not having Wisniewski’s special brand of offensive talent and nastiness on the ice. With how Columbus’ luck has run this year, that too will end in some brand of fiery hockey disaster.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)