Dec 30, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets’ worst fears for James Wisniewski‘s health were confirmed today.
Jackets GM Scott Howson tweeted that Wisniewski’s ankle is indeed broken but he will not need surgery to repair it, putting him out of action for the next six weeks. Wisniewski’s misfortune just piles on to the woes the Jackets are having this year. After spending part of the season without Jeff Carter, they’ll now do without their other big acquisition for an even longer spell.
It’ll now be up to the likes of John Moore, Aaron Johnson, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game and reduce the blow the team takes in not having Wisniewski’s special brand of offensive talent and nastiness on the ice. With how Columbus’ luck has run this year, that too will end in some brand of fiery hockey disaster.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)