Dec 30, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets’ worst fears for James Wisniewski‘s health were confirmed today.
Jackets GM Scott Howson tweeted that Wisniewski’s ankle is indeed broken but he will not need surgery to repair it, putting him out of action for the next six weeks. Wisniewski’s misfortune just piles on to the woes the Jackets are having this year. After spending part of the season without Jeff Carter, they’ll now do without their other big acquisition for an even longer spell.
It’ll now be up to the likes of John Moore, Aaron Johnson, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game and reduce the blow the team takes in not having Wisniewski’s special brand of offensive talent and nastiness on the ice. With how Columbus’ luck has run this year, that too will end in some brand of fiery hockey disaster.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)