Dec 30, 2011, 12:37 PM EST
The Blue Jackets’ worst fears for James Wisniewski‘s health were confirmed today.
Jackets GM Scott Howson tweeted that Wisniewski’s ankle is indeed broken but he will not need surgery to repair it, putting him out of action for the next six weeks. Wisniewski’s misfortune just piles on to the woes the Jackets are having this year. After spending part of the season without Jeff Carter, they’ll now do without their other big acquisition for an even longer spell.
It’ll now be up to the likes of John Moore, Aaron Johnson, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game and reduce the blow the team takes in not having Wisniewski’s special brand of offensive talent and nastiness on the ice. With how Columbus’ luck has run this year, that too will end in some brand of fiery hockey disaster.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)