Dec 30, 2011, 8:36 AM EDT
As if the Blue Jackets’ season couldn’t get any worse, they do.
Aaron Portzline of Puck Rakers gets word from Jackets GM Scott Howson that while they’ll know better about how his ankle is later today, right now it doesn’t look good.
Wisniewski missed the first eight games of the season thanks to a suspension and that coupled with injuries to a host of other players have made this season a total nightmare for the big spending Jackets. Now they’ll have to do without Wisniewski for a bit and with limited help in the minor leagues, now is the time for guys like John Moore, Nikita Nikitin, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game in a big way.
Of course, even with that it might not be enough to prevent Howson from making moves to shake up what’s been a sleepy roster. Losing Wisniewski, however, makes for an unpleasant and disheartening turn of events. Perhaps Howson’s first phone call should be to a witch doctor to lift the cursed spell this team is under.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)