Dec 30, 2011, 8:36 AM EDT
As if the Blue Jackets’ season couldn’t get any worse, they do.
Aaron Portzline of Puck Rakers gets word from Jackets GM Scott Howson that while they’ll know better about how his ankle is later today, right now it doesn’t look good.
Wisniewski missed the first eight games of the season thanks to a suspension and that coupled with injuries to a host of other players have made this season a total nightmare for the big spending Jackets. Now they’ll have to do without Wisniewski for a bit and with limited help in the minor leagues, now is the time for guys like John Moore, Nikita Nikitin, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game in a big way.
Of course, even with that it might not be enough to prevent Howson from making moves to shake up what’s been a sleepy roster. Losing Wisniewski, however, makes for an unpleasant and disheartening turn of events. Perhaps Howson’s first phone call should be to a witch doctor to lift the cursed spell this team is under.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)