Dec 30, 2011, 8:36 AM EST
As if the Blue Jackets’ season couldn’t get any worse, they do.
Aaron Portzline of Puck Rakers gets word from Jackets GM Scott Howson that while they’ll know better about how his ankle is later today, right now it doesn’t look good.
Wisniewski missed the first eight games of the season thanks to a suspension and that coupled with injuries to a host of other players have made this season a total nightmare for the big spending Jackets. Now they’ll have to do without Wisniewski for a bit and with limited help in the minor leagues, now is the time for guys like John Moore, Nikita Nikitin, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game in a big way.
Of course, even with that it might not be enough to prevent Howson from making moves to shake up what’s been a sleepy roster. Losing Wisniewski, however, makes for an unpleasant and disheartening turn of events. Perhaps Howson’s first phone call should be to a witch doctor to lift the cursed spell this team is under.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)