Dec 30, 2011, 8:36 AM EST
As if the Blue Jackets’ season couldn’t get any worse, they do.
Aaron Portzline of Puck Rakers gets word from Jackets GM Scott Howson that while they’ll know better about how his ankle is later today, right now it doesn’t look good.
Wisniewski missed the first eight games of the season thanks to a suspension and that coupled with injuries to a host of other players have made this season a total nightmare for the big spending Jackets. Now they’ll have to do without Wisniewski for a bit and with limited help in the minor leagues, now is the time for guys like John Moore, Nikita Nikitin, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game in a big way.
Of course, even with that it might not be enough to prevent Howson from making moves to shake up what’s been a sleepy roster. Losing Wisniewski, however, makes for an unpleasant and disheartening turn of events. Perhaps Howson’s first phone call should be to a witch doctor to lift the cursed spell this team is under.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)