Dec 30, 2011, 8:36 AM EDT
As if the Blue Jackets’ season couldn’t get any worse, they do.
Aaron Portzline of Puck Rakers gets word from Jackets GM Scott Howson that while they’ll know better about how his ankle is later today, right now it doesn’t look good.
Wisniewski missed the first eight games of the season thanks to a suspension and that coupled with injuries to a host of other players have made this season a total nightmare for the big spending Jackets. Now they’ll have to do without Wisniewski for a bit and with limited help in the minor leagues, now is the time for guys like John Moore, Nikita Nikitin, and Grant Clitsome to step up their game in a big way.
Of course, even with that it might not be enough to prevent Howson from making moves to shake up what’s been a sleepy roster. Losing Wisniewski, however, makes for an unpleasant and disheartening turn of events. Perhaps Howson’s first phone call should be to a witch doctor to lift the cursed spell this team is under.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 29
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 37
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 17
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (39)