Dec 30, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr is no stranger to playing a big game outside.
While we’re going to see Jagr suiting up for the Flyers during the 2012 Winter Classic, he’s taken a few spins outside while in the KHL as well. Jagr captained one of the teams in the 2009 KHL All-Star Game that was played outside at Red Square in Moscow and while that provided an iconic moment for the Russian league, Jagr says this time it means more.
PHT asked Jagr to compare the two games and, like he’s been since returning to the NHL, he was honest.
“It was different. It was an all star game and it wasn’t good ice. This is going to be different. You know [the KHL game] it was only three thousand people and there were no seats,” Jagr said. “This is going to be special. This is going to be 50,000 people watching you play.”
Downtown Philadelphia better than Moscow? There’s a few people that might disagree with that, but it’s the experience that makes the difference. Of course, that doesn’t change the weather.
“Actually, I don’t like it much because you gotta play outside it’s gonna be cold, but just the fans… So many fans at the game make it special.”
With the way the crowd should be on Monday afternoon, he’s probably not even going to notice how cold it is.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)