Dec 30, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Jaromir Jagr is no stranger to playing a big game outside.
While we’re going to see Jagr suiting up for the Flyers during the 2012 Winter Classic, he’s taken a few spins outside while in the KHL as well. Jagr captained one of the teams in the 2009 KHL All-Star Game that was played outside at Red Square in Moscow and while that provided an iconic moment for the Russian league, Jagr says this time it means more.
PHT asked Jagr to compare the two games and, like he’s been since returning to the NHL, he was honest.
“It was different. It was an all star game and it wasn’t good ice. This is going to be different. You know [the KHL game] it was only three thousand people and there were no seats,” Jagr said. “This is going to be special. This is going to be 50,000 people watching you play.”
Downtown Philadelphia better than Moscow? There’s a few people that might disagree with that, but it’s the experience that makes the difference. Of course, that doesn’t change the weather.
“Actually, I don’t like it much because you gotta play outside it’s gonna be cold, but just the fans… So many fans at the game make it special.”
With the way the crowd should be on Monday afternoon, he’s probably not even going to notice how cold it is.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 0
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 11
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)