Dec 30, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Head coaches Barry Trotz and Ken Hitchcock’s weird little history of barbs could stand as a useful distraction for an intriguing Central Division match between two banged-up teams.
On the Nashville Predators’ end, they have the worrisome situation that is Shea Weber‘s concussion. On the other hand, the St. Louis Blues’ roster will look a little different on offense, according to the following updates via Jeremy Rutherford.
The good news is that T.J. Oshie is expected to return to the lineup after missing a week with a wrist injury. He’ll be joined by Vladimir Sobotka and Jamie Langenbrunner, who faced some bumps and bruises of their own.
The bad news is that the Blues seem to have been bitten by the concussion bug again. Andy McDonald just started skating with the team as he works back from his own issues, but Alexander Steen is reportedly dealing with concussion-like symptoms as well. Steen isn’t a superstar, but he’s one of the better “offense by committee” guys for St. Louis, with 24 points and a +20 rating this season.
That depth has been useful in rolling with the punches, but it would be awfully interesting to see how dangerous St. Louis could be with everyone healthy.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 4
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)