Dec 30, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Head coaches Barry Trotz and Ken Hitchcock’s weird little history of barbs could stand as a useful distraction for an intriguing Central Division match between two banged-up teams.
On the Nashville Predators’ end, they have the worrisome situation that is Shea Weber‘s concussion. On the other hand, the St. Louis Blues’ roster will look a little different on offense, according to the following updates via Jeremy Rutherford.
The good news is that T.J. Oshie is expected to return to the lineup after missing a week with a wrist injury. He’ll be joined by Vladimir Sobotka and Jamie Langenbrunner, who faced some bumps and bruises of their own.
The bad news is that the Blues seem to have been bitten by the concussion bug again. Andy McDonald just started skating with the team as he works back from his own issues, but Alexander Steen is reportedly dealing with concussion-like symptoms as well. Steen isn’t a superstar, but he’s one of the better “offense by committee” guys for St. Louis, with 24 points and a +20 rating this season.
That depth has been useful in rolling with the punches, but it would be awfully interesting to see how dangerous St. Louis could be with everyone healthy.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)