Dec 30, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Head coaches Barry Trotz and Ken Hitchcock’s weird little history of barbs could stand as a useful distraction for an intriguing Central Division match between two banged-up teams.
On the Nashville Predators’ end, they have the worrisome situation that is Shea Weber‘s concussion. On the other hand, the St. Louis Blues’ roster will look a little different on offense, according to the following updates via Jeremy Rutherford.
The good news is that T.J. Oshie is expected to return to the lineup after missing a week with a wrist injury. He’ll be joined by Vladimir Sobotka and Jamie Langenbrunner, who faced some bumps and bruises of their own.
The bad news is that the Blues seem to have been bitten by the concussion bug again. Andy McDonald just started skating with the team as he works back from his own issues, but Alexander Steen is reportedly dealing with concussion-like symptoms as well. Steen isn’t a superstar, but he’s one of the better “offense by committee” guys for St. Louis, with 24 points and a +20 rating this season.
That depth has been useful in rolling with the punches, but it would be awfully interesting to see how dangerous St. Louis could be with everyone healthy.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 0
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)