Dec 30, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Head coaches Barry Trotz and Ken Hitchcock’s weird little history of barbs could stand as a useful distraction for an intriguing Central Division match between two banged-up teams.
On the Nashville Predators’ end, they have the worrisome situation that is Shea Weber‘s concussion. On the other hand, the St. Louis Blues’ roster will look a little different on offense, according to the following updates via Jeremy Rutherford.
The good news is that T.J. Oshie is expected to return to the lineup after missing a week with a wrist injury. He’ll be joined by Vladimir Sobotka and Jamie Langenbrunner, who faced some bumps and bruises of their own.
The bad news is that the Blues seem to have been bitten by the concussion bug again. Andy McDonald just started skating with the team as he works back from his own issues, but Alexander Steen is reportedly dealing with concussion-like symptoms as well. Steen isn’t a superstar, but he’s one of the better “offense by committee” guys for St. Louis, with 24 points and a +20 rating this season.
That depth has been useful in rolling with the punches, but it would be awfully interesting to see how dangerous St. Louis could be with everyone healthy.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal