Dec 30, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
Head coaches Barry Trotz and Ken Hitchcock’s weird little history of barbs could stand as a useful distraction for an intriguing Central Division match between two banged-up teams.
On the Nashville Predators’ end, they have the worrisome situation that is Shea Weber‘s concussion. On the other hand, the St. Louis Blues’ roster will look a little different on offense, according to the following updates via Jeremy Rutherford.
The good news is that T.J. Oshie is expected to return to the lineup after missing a week with a wrist injury. He’ll be joined by Vladimir Sobotka and Jamie Langenbrunner, who faced some bumps and bruises of their own.
The bad news is that the Blues seem to have been bitten by the concussion bug again. Andy McDonald just started skating with the team as he works back from his own issues, but Alexander Steen is reportedly dealing with concussion-like symptoms as well. Steen isn’t a superstar, but he’s one of the better “offense by committee” guys for St. Louis, with 24 points and a +20 rating this season.
That depth has been useful in rolling with the punches, but it would be awfully interesting to see how dangerous St. Louis could be with everyone healthy.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (94)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)