Dec 30, 2011, 12:53 AM EDT
Much like what happened with Columbus and James Wisniewski‘s injury, a worrisome incident formed a dark cloud over the Colorado Avalanche’s 3-2 win against the Phoenix Coyotes. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports that talented but inconsistent Avs forward Matt Duchene appeared to injured his right knee in tonight’s game.
The Avalanche will gauge the severity of Duchene’s injury when he undergoes an MRI on Friday.
Much like Colorado as a whole, Duchene has had an up-and-down season. He’s shown flashes of the brilliance that made him shoot up the 2009 draft charts all the way to third overall (his hat trick and assist against the Dallas Stars was particularly impressive). Unfortunately, his offense has been absent on many other occasions. Duchene has a disappointing 24 points in 39 games, including just a goal and an assist in his last seven contests.
Perhaps a little time off the ice might do Duchene some big-picture good because for all of these concerns, he’s still a promising talent at just 20 years old.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)